3. Useless

Case File #3

"It's been 2 whole weeks Em, still nothing but prank calls!" Sharna let out a sigh "No one is taking me serious, they think I'm a freaking joke"

"It's been just 2 weeks, no one becomes successful in that little amount of time"

"No one trusts that I can do it. It's not like there ain't any crimes in this whole town or the neighboring cities" Sharna was furious, she was starting to get worried that maybe she didn't do the right thing and she wasn't used to sitting at home doing nothing.

"Shar I totally trust and know that you can do it. You've always amazed me with how intelligent you are"

"That's so sweet" Sharna drank her last sip of coffee "but it's not enough for me, I'm sorry" she gave her a sad puppy face then she left for her morning run.

Emily was preparing breakfast for her and Tyler as he approached he said "Morning sweetheart"

"Hey"

"Why do you look so down? Did something happen?"

"I'm worried about Sharna, I've never seen her like that so... so lost"

"From what I've seen, Sharna is a pretty strong person, but she just lost her job, her boyfriend and her home, so just cut her some slack"

"I know" Emily sighed "I just wish I can help her, you know, make her feel even just a little better

Tyler swallowed his food and asked "So what do you suggest we should do?"

"I think we should get you kidnapped"

Tyler laughed and continued eating

"Ty, I'm serious, and maybe we should let Wyatt in too" 

"What the hell?! I can't believe you're talking seriously and why does your ex boyfriend have to be involved?"

"Wyatt is Sharna's brother and I'm sure he'd wanna help." she moved closer to Tyler and rubbed his shoulder "What Wyatt and I had was a very long time ago and we decided to stay friends for Sharna, so never worry about him"

"You have to admit though I'm a pretty cool fiance for allowing my fiancee and her ex boyfriend, who happens to be her best friend's brother, to kidnap me" he said joking

"The coolest" she smiled at him

Sharna was on her run when she decided to "accidentally" pass by the hospital in which Johnny works to "accidentally" bump in to him. Her phone rang, it was Emily, starting her plan.

Sharna didn't want to answer at first after their morning conversation "No one understands" she thought "I'm such a planner and the worst part of it, is how ambitious these plans are. I've always had a plans and backup plans, but now, and for the first time in my life, I have none"

Emily kept calling again so finally Sharna answered "why have you been ditching my calls?"

"umm..."

"Sharna it's important" Emily tried her best to seem worried and to fake cry.

"Em, what's wrong?"Sharna stopped running to listen carefully.

"It's about Tyler, please come home ASAP!"

"I'm on my way, don't worry" Sharna ran back home in a hurry, she opened the door and found Emily sitting on the couch crying and her face buried in her fist. Opposite her in one of the leather armchairs sat Wyatt shaking his leg nervously.

"I came here as fast as I could, what happened?" she turned to Wyatt "and what the hell are you doing here? Oh my God Em, are you cheating on Tyler?"