5. Decimal Points

Case File #5

(1st Crime)

Sharna arrived at Emily's and found her still waiting "Sharna where have you been? I've been really worried!" she was silent for a moment then she continued saying "Are you still mad?"

"No I'm not, believe me I even forgot about that!" Sharna then told her everything that happened at Fred's.

"Poor man and poor kids too, I mean it's really awful that he was killed, but right in front of his daughters"

"Yeah, I know it's awful. The girls seemed really affected by this, but they were trying to stay strong and not show it"

"So do you think you've gathered enough info to solve this?"

"I hope so. Anyways I'll just go to bed now and sleep on it. Good night"

"Nighty night" Emily smiled

"BTW Em, thanks for putting up with my mood swings"

The next morning, Sharna woke up and checked her phone, she had a missed call from an unknown number. She was worried it might be from Tina, so she decided to dial it back.

"Hello" a man's voice said in kind of a whisper.

Sharna was familiar with the voice, but she couldn't pin point exactly who he was "Good morning" she said "who's this?"

"Ms. Davis, it's me Jeff, from Fred's. Sorry to disturb you this early"

Sharna remembered the night before when she was interrogating Clair and he was eavesdropping on them.

"It's okay Jeff, so why did you call me?"

"It's something concerning what happened yesterday. I heard what Clair was telling you about the bartender who left earlier"

"Yes, I'm listening" Sharna got excited and got up from laying down

"Dan wasn't supposed to leave early, it was his shift and he didn't mention anything about leaving earlier that day"

"so do you think what Clair said was true, about someone paying him"

"I don't know, maybe? He's been suffering financially for a while now"

"Did he say anything before leaving?"

"Mr. Humphrey told me that Dan was leaving because his wife was in labour, but I'm pretty sure he was divorced, for a few years now"

"On a scale from 1 to 10, 10 being most sure, how sure is your pretty sure?"

"8 or even a 9. Daniel doesn't talk a lot but I know he mentioned it once or twice."

"Well, I shall talk to him, do he have a number or an address"

"He doesn't use a phone so much, but I know where he lives. Turn right after the Goldsmith bridge into street 112, he lives in the third building on the left after the grocery store"

"Thank you so much for all of this information, you've been a huge help. What is Daniel's full name?"

"All I know is Daniel Fisher and I'm glad to help."

After that phone call, Sharna got up, got dressed and arranged her To-Do List for the day "Go to the lab, search for Daniel and wait for Tina's call" she noted

She then went downstairs for her breakfast with Emily and Tyler, she saw them kissing and as soon as she approached, they pulled apart. "I'm really sorry guys, I'm planning to move out real soon and I won't bother you like that again" Sharna said even though she didn't have any plans yet.