11. Kidnapped

Case File #11

(3rd Crime) 

"Can you please tell me every detail you can remember from that day?" Sharna asked

"It begad just as any of our usual days, I woke Ben up, we got dressed, breakfast then I drove him to school and left"

"So he does not take the bus, you always drive him?"

"Yes usually" the woman said "but sometimes his dad drives him instead. We're divorced and Ben lives with me, but hia dad visits twice a week"

"I'll need both yours and Ben's dad addresses"

"Sure" she said then she grabbed a notebook out of her bag and started writing then handed it to Sharna "here you go, The upper one is mine and the other one is Rodger's. I'm Alice by the way"

"Okay thank you, please go on with your story" Sharna said drinking more of the coffee she made trying to get rid of her hangover.

"When I came back to pick him up, he was not there. I went in to ask his teachers, they knew nothing about him after his last period which he attended but they were dismissed earlier than usual so they told me to go check out the playground, but he wasn't there either"

"Did you ask his friends?"

"He didn't have many friends, but I asked everyone who was in the playground, they said they didn't him except this one girl, Chelsea, who was sure she saw him walking away with what seemed a woman and she thought it was me"

"It's been almost a month, if he was kidnapped for a monetary reason, you would have received a note by now, have you?"

"No, and that's the weird thing"

Sharna was starting to write down some points then she was interrupted by Alice "What are you writing?"

"Points to help me out"

"I really, really hope you can do it, because I'm not sure I'll be able to live without Ben any longer and I promise I'll help at any cost"

"Just be honest with me and whenever you know anything new, just contact me" she patted her shoulder

"I will, but there's something you need to know," she said "after the police was not able to do anything about this, I also hired another detective, Tom Arnold, do you mind working with him?"

"Tom Arnold! The one who solved the Nancy Stewart case!"

"Yes, have you met him before?"

"No, of course not, but I'd love to work with him, from what I heard, he's a genius and we'll get you back your son!" Sharna assured her, she had one last question for Alice "Do you trust your ex husband? Did it ever occur to you that he might have been the one who took him away?"

"Of course I thought about this, but when I saw him and talked to him about it, I knew he was not lying. We had an amicable split, he's a trust worth person and a responsible father, we just had out differences, but I'm sure he wouldn't have done this" she was silent for a moment "Plus, he's been helping me out searching for Ben"

"Okay, but I'll still have to talk to him"

"I understand" she nodded

After Alice left, Sharna went to change then drank another cup of coffee "guess I won't get any sleep today" she thought.

She then went out to Detective Tom Arnold's office, she went upstair and knocked the door.

"Come in, it's open" he shouted