13. Back to School

Case File #13

(3rd Crime) 

Sharna called Matt and Detective Tom to meet at her place and discuss the case, she share Lily's drawing with them and they tried to analyze it and extract all the important elements.

"tall, muscular, Untidy beard, scar on the face, long hair, thick eyebrows and tattoos all over his body" Matt said "this looks like the stereotypical 'evil' guy" he added "are you sure this is relevant and not just a cartoon character?"

"Of course it is" Sharna insisted "Lily drew this to help us!"

"She's just a kid, but at least we have something to look into, I guess" Matt replied with doubt all over his face.

"Great" Tom said "We now have a mysterious man to go along with out mysterious woman" he joked and Sharna just ignored him, she realized it was the best way to deal with him.

"So we agree it's an organ stealing organization" Share said in conclusion

"Makes sense" Tom said as he grabbed his pipe and lit it while holding it with the tip of his mouth while showing off. "Markus was found dead"

"We'll have to check his autopsy then" Sharna said

"We need to get them before they strike again" Matt said aggressively as he looked at the missing kids reports on the table.

"Good thing I have a plan" Tom said arrogantly as he pointed towards them with the tail of his pipe "a criminal always messes up when he knows someone is onto him" he paused and looked at Matt's direction "Thankfully we have a reporter on our team, huh?"

"You can't be serious Tom, you wanna use him as bait?!" she nodded in disagreement "This ain't safe for neither us nor Ben"

"It's already not safe for him" To adds coldly

"But what if they kill him?"

"It's a possibility anyways"

"Sharna, this just became bigger than Ben" Matt said "Of course I don't wanna put Ben in danger, but when we get them, we'll save so many prospect victims"

After a long conversation, Tom and Matt were able to convince Sharna, but they agreed Matt would publish the article anonymously online, so he left to go work on the piece.

"So that's why you agreed to let him join us in the first place" Sharna said raising an eyebrow "you knew we might need them"

"It's actually good to know how to benefit from other" Tom replied "and he was willing" he laughed

Sharna still couldn't figure out Tom; at times she really appreciated his way of thinking and thought he's a genius in his own way, but still 90% of the time he was just senseless and frustrated her. "He doesn't care about human lives" she thought.

Tom left as well and Sharna went to open her window to get rid of the smoke smell from Tom'm pipe.

She noticed that Tom was still down there, he looked up towards her "Detective" he shouted "Don't forget about the autopsy tomorrow, I've got another lead to follow"

Sharna was angry that he's keeping things from her "You never mention a lead before" she said as a fast car came rushing towards Tom, he fell to the ground and the car fled away.

"6PCI397" Sharna kept repeating till she grabbed a pen and a paper and wrote it down then she called 911.

Soon enough an ambulance arrived to take Tom to the hospital.

"It's okay, just a broken leg and a few scratches" the nurse told Sharna after a few hours, but she was still anxious because she knew this meant more than just an accident. "It's a message to stop digging" she thought then decided to call Matt and try to stop him from posting the article.