14. "What Would Tom Arnold Do?"

Case File #14

(3rd Crime) 

After school, Matt went to the hospital to meet up with Tom and Sharna and discuss the evidence.

"The rich owes the poor, huh" Tom laughed

"What so funny?" Sharna asked confused

"They think they're playing God and giving people what they deserve, they kill the rich to help the poor and the funniest is that they probably think they're saints and achieving justice"

"It's sad not funny Tom" Sharna disagreed as usual.

With the evidence they had, they decided to pay Joana a visit and despite Tom's broken leg, he insisted on coming.

They grabbed Tom's car, Sharna was driving and Matt sitting next to her while Tom sat on the back.

"So Sharna" Matt said "I've been meaning to ask you a question"

"What? Do you need help with your math homework?" she joked

"No, I'm a good boy I already finished it" he said laughing

"Then what?"

"Is Sharna ur real name? or just a nickname? Cause you're the first Sharna I've heard of"

"Does it really matter?" 

"Of course it does" Tom said excited "if you have a real name that you dislike, I'd love to know it" Tom laughed then started coughing

"Well, I'm definitely not telling" she laughed "and stop those childish games"

"Let's start guessing then" Tom said and Matt nodded "Wanna bet on Matthew?"

"The loser pays for drinks" Matt said and they agreed

"Are you even old enough to drink?" Sharna laughed at their attitude and continued focusing on the road.

Matt didn't really like the comments about looking so young, after all he was in his late 20s and wanted people to be taking him more seriously, but he didn't mention it.

"Sharon?" Matt said 

"Noooo"

"Shanon?" asked Tom

"No"

"Shania" 

"Nah"

"Shakira? Matt smirked

"Really? Sharna exclaimed "Do I even look like a Shakira?

"You're pretty ok" Matt smiled at her "Not just ok, I mean ugh" he buried his face in his palms "you're pretty"

"Hahaha" Tom laughed from behind "Are you sure you're not really im high school?"

The two of them kept guessing "Shelly??" "Sheila?" "Shonda"  "Shana" "Shantelle" "Shelby" "Sheryl" "Shirly" and they were getting on Sharna's nerves 

"How can you guys be joking like that knowing that those kids are suffering. Have you guys no remorse?" She said

"Everyday thousands are dying of famine, disease and war; we can't just sit around and mourn every death" Tom paused "Life won't stop and wait for you honey, it keeps going. God damn it at least you've got a job in which you're actually trying to help"

"I guess?" Sharna sat thinking for a moment "But I can't just joke around when I know people are suffering"

"They always have and they always will, weeping won't do any good"