21. First Letter

Hello everyone :D Thanks for being patient with me, I know I disappeared again for a while but I'm back and I'm dedicated to continue working on Case File. I wanna thank everyone who's been reading voting and commenting, I can't describe how happy it makes me to know that you're enjoying my story and it keeps me motived to keep writing. I can't believe my story has more than 5k reads now! 

Also, I'm aware there are so many typos and I wanna edit my story as well as my other stories, but I'm gonna focus on writing for now then editing later.

Finally, I wanna give a shoutout to ItsAnanyaaa Thanks for reading and for you encouraging comments :)

Case File #21

(5th Crime) 

After finishing up the witness statement, Sharna went home exhausted after a long day. She went into Nicole's room to check that she's there and was relieved to find her sleeping. Sharna felt guilty about how she's been treating Nicole and decided to just make peace with her. "She's got nowhere else to stay" Sharna thought "especially after the whole mess with her now ex husband". 

She laid on her bed trying to sleep, but her mind wouldn't let her. Sharna loved her job and finding justice, but some night it wouldn't let her sleep. It was one of those nights and she kept tossing and turning for hours. For a few moments, she actually felt afraid as her mind was becoming very exhausted, the images of the victims bodies cut open kept playing in her mind... "Olivia, Lydia and Megan" she thought "and who knows who's name is next on the list?" This thoughts send shivers down her spine as she started feeling those tingles upon her skin, all over her body.  

After a while, she gave up hope on sleeping so she decided to just get up. She went to the kitchen, tiptoeing so that she wouldn't wake Nicole up, and made herself a cup of tea then went back to bed and grabbed the case files and Matt's research files. She kept looking through the pages when she noticed something in one of the files, a photo of Darren, Megan's boyfriend, in the background of one of Skylar's photos with a blackened eye, scars on his face and his arm in a cast.

"Scott Ramsey!" she said to herself "the hitman who men Megan days before her death, maybe he did this?"

She checked out Darren's social media accounts to see if he posted anything about what happened to him. Skylar's photo was posted a couple of months ago, around the same time Darren stopped posting any new photos for a while.

A few hours passed and Sharna heard footprints outside her room, but it was too early for Nicole to be up already and she's usually way too loud. Before she could do anything, the door opened ad Johnny, her ex boyfriend, entered the room.

"Johnny?" She was confused "What are you doing here?"

"Hurry.. We need to leave" He grabbed her by the hand pulling her from the bed towards the door

"I don't get it, how did you get here?"

"I found your backup key" he said as they got out of the apartment

"How did you know where to find it?" She asked

"I know you" He smirked

She giggled as he pulled her arm running through the street "Where are we going?" 

"To the haunted house up the hill" he said

Sharna laughed "I told you, there's no such thing as ghosts" she paused and looked at him, all of a sudden he was Matt instead "Ghosts aren't real" 

The were now inside the house, they walked to the piano room and witnessed the murder of Megan as the killer cut her open while still alive. Sharna's heartbeats were racing, the next thing she knows is that she's back in the street chasing the murderer.