Chapter 25

Cosmo was trying to draw, or at least trying to pretend he was drawing. Archer was peering over his shoulder, pretending he was watching. Cosmo felt his glare, and he understood it was obvious from the outside that he couldn't draw. The atmosphere inside the house had become so tight.

Willow hadn't woken up yet. Archer was away with his thoughts, and Cosmo finally decided to out the sketchbook away and face his mind.

"Do they do this to everyone who breaks a tiny rule?"

"This isn't a tiny rule, Cosmo. I gave out their secret."

"I mean, they love you, don't they?"

"They used to. Now I don't even know. I've betrayed them... How could you love a traitor?"

Cosmo fidgeted, thinking of what to say.

"Where will you go?"

Archer shrugged nervously. Cosmo turned and out his feet on the couch, hugging his legs and resting his face on his knee. Both were silent.

"I'll try to go home," Archer spoke.

"What if they don't accept you?"

"Will have to hide from them. Them and your people, probably."

Cosmo nodded. Guilt rolled up again. He shook his head, trying to brush it away. His eyes closed, and he forced himself to think of something else.

He was also a traitor. He had betrayed Ivy. But it wasn't what he was guilty about, even though he knew he had to be. As he examined everything, he realized that he was actually proud of it.

What he felt guilty about was planning to betray Archer. He had no clue why, and now he seemed like a weird person even to himself. He probably was now; he'd become one.

He could've made a decision between Ivy and Archer, but it had been already made. Partially by himself, partially by the world. He'd chosen Archer.

"Hey?"

He opened his eyes. Archer was up, and Willow was standing next to the bedroom door.

"We can't go outside," Cosmo warned, sinking back into the seat. "And you all know that."

Willow nodded.

"What can we do?"

"Ask Archer about his village!" He said the first thing that came into his head. Saying that he didn't know would've not been enough.

"Or maybe ask Cosmo and Willow about their city?" Archer laughed.