Chapter 35

The sun was rising. At first the light broke out between the mountains, leaving a small trail on the grass that was away from the shade. That wasn't Laora yet, but it was close.

"What exactly is Laora?" Cosmo asked.

"A place," Ivy replied, more interested in the path than answering the question.

"What place?"

"In the mountains."

He stopped, and an odd-sounding chuckle came out.

"Please answer normally."

Ivy also laughed.

"I thought that was normal."

They arrived at the mountains. By that time, it was sunny, and he could see the distant plain with the forest nearby. He sneaked into a crack between them, avoiding the easy path.

And immediately, his sleeve was caught. He whined for a second, and then got scared.

"Here you are again, huh?" A female voice asked. The person was still clenching his sleeve, pressing on his arm a little bit. He struggled out, but she held on to him even stronger. His wings had popped out on his back. They fell down a bit as he was dragged on the ground. Where he ended up wasn't quite a cave, but a small ledge that had a bit of shade.

"Cosmo!" He heard Ivy's voice and finally turned around to see who was holding him. It was Kelly; she held a knife in her hand, close to his shoulder. It was dangerous to run.

"Where's Archer?" He mouthed, helpless. "With you?"

"I have no clue. Not with us. And don't you think of approaching us," she hissed.

"Alright, just tell me where he is."

Metal touched his flesh. It wasn't cutting yet, but rather pressing and reminding him of the threat.

"I said I have no clue."

"Okay, I promise not to come to your village. Will you let me go?"

"I don't trust you."

He heard the call again. Ivy was screaming his name.

"I'm here!" He yelled. The knife was even closer to slicing his skin.

Willow came up.

"Go away," Cosmo whispered, instinctively pushing the knife away and standing up clumsily. Kelly was pulling him down, but he resisted.