Chapter 6: Close calls

Arcadia awoke to noises at her window. Looking around, she saw one of Malik's goons attempting to infiltrate the palace. She nearly jumped out of her bed in fright, scooped up her blue baby Totoro she named Blue, and ran out of her room, glancing at her clock to know it was still early in the morning. Arcadia ran as fast as she could to Joey's room, almost leaping on top of him in fright. "Joey! Joey! You have to get up they're here for me!" She said while refraining herself from shaking him awake."Hm?" He asks, still a bit drowsy. "Some of Malik's goons are climbing in my bedroom window! I think they're after me!" That got Joey's attention as he sat up in bed. Joey got his sheath from under his bed, and drew his sword. "It's okay, I won't let them take you. But we must go warn the others." Arcadia just nodded, still very frightened. She stayed closely behind Joey as he made sure the coast was clear. It took a few minutes to round up Lucinda and David, but when they did, David now had a sword slightly bigger than Joey's and 

Lucinda had a sword. The only weapon Arcadia had was a baby Totoro who was asleep in her arms. "So what's the plan?" Lucinda whispered, bow at the ready. "Joey, I want you to take Arcadia up to the attic. Stay there until we come and retrieve you." David said sternly, his eyes darting around. Joey takes her hand, running up to the attic. It was dark and cold, leaving Arcadia shivering in her nightgown. He finds a blanket in some storage bins and wraps it around her. "Since we're going to be here a while, I want you to answer some questions."Joey sighs, but nods. "First off, why am I so valuable? Why do Malik's goons speak of me as an item?" "Y‐we have powers, but they are different. You are more powerful than I could ever be. You have the power of Omnikinesis, the kinetic power allowing you to harness all kinetic powers. You were being trained to master some important ones, but eventually you became too stressed and told your mentor that you were quitting. I have powers having to do with the mind. I can control and read minds, and I also have Telekinesis like you. But the biggest power that is a influence on my life is‐is‐ I have premonition. I can see the future sometimes, as well as‐." He gulps. "I can give people memories of their past or future lives." He says seriously, putting his head down. She would surely know why she got the memory of their fight. "You better explain more then." She says, a bit concerned for Joey "That night, after I layed you down in your bed, I touched your forehead, letting you dream of the memory of the breakup. You deserved to know, and I didn't want to explain it. P‐please don't be mad at me." "I won't be mad, if you give me all my other memories." Arcadia says, dead serious. "Arcadia‐" "Don't Arcadia me. give me my memories. 

Please. I want to know of our life together. I want to look at you the same way I did before that oak tree. If you do, I'll tell you a secret of my own." Joey's eyes widened, and slowly nodded in agreement. He lied another blanket down on the floor and you laid across it."You may have a bit of a headache after." Joey says as he touched her forehead "Cadia, we're going to go see a friend of mine. Her name is Lucinda, and she has a son your age; maybe you two can get along." Her mother says, picking up her purse. "Okay!" Arcadia says happily, skipping to the carriage. At Lucinda's house, she was behind her mother shyly looking at the cute boy. 'he's cute.' She thought to herself, blushing at the thought of her first crush at age 7. "Thank you." Joey says, knowing exactly what she had thought. She was startled, but laughed and ran off to Joey's room to play. She was there for over two hours, having fun with Joey doing various activity. He even took Arcadia to their garden, which is sacred to people of this nobility. It was obvious that he wanted to marry her. And Arcadia wanted to marry him too. When they had to leave, on the carriage ride back. Arcadia babbled of her experience, saying it a thousand times that she wanted to marry him. And She did. At the age of ten, Joey and Arcadia were officially engaged. 

The ceremony was a bit awkward for the two of them, but they didn't mind. Arcadia lost her mother at the age of twelve. On her twelfth birthday. It was hard on Arcadia, but Joey was there to support her. He asked if she would like to move into a new mansion with him and his mother. She and David agreed, leaving all their grief behind with them. At the age of fifteen, they were officially dating, and went to the annual royal ball together. Everyone in the kingdom knew they were an item, and most thought it was adorable. They grew up together in their newly built mansion for many years. It was at the age of 17 that Joey thought about actually marrying Arcadia. He talked to his mother, who supported him and let him make his own decisions about everything. Even David was in on it. But then the fight happened, where Arcadia hit her head on an oak tree running away from the mansion. Arcadia had a bit of tears pooling by her eyes when she awoke. But when she awoke, she was not in the attic. She was not in her or Joey's bed. She had no idea where she was, or where Joey was. She was in a stone room, with only the blankets and pillows that she slept on that lied on the ground. It was completely empty, except for a bowl of fruit and a note. She gulped, reading the note aloud to herself.