Chapter 1

Cira's POV
I trudged down the stairs and grabbed my car keys, leaving the house before my mom would make me eat.
Being the smallest out of my siblings isn't easy.
I'm almost 16 and only 5'2, which isn't normal.
Especially when you have werewolf genes.

I pulled into the parking lot and got out of my car, keeping my head down.
Pierce is at a meeting today that I'm not allowed to go to because I'm not 16.
Addy graduated and has already moved out with her mate, Brady.
Whenever Pierce isn't around it's hell.
Everyone calls me the runt, they shove me around, they put things in my locker or tape it to my car.
I just ignore them because I know I'll find my mate and I won't have to live like this anymore.
I can't tell my parents because it'll only make it worse, they can't protect me my whole life.
"Oh hey Cira." The betas daughter, Sydney, came up to me. "Where's Pierce?"
"Alpha meeting." I mumbled.
She's had a thing for Pierce since eighth grade and it creeps him out.
"Awe. That means poor little Cira is all alone with no big brother to protect her." She laughed.
"Leave me alone." I said, turning around to walk away.
I felt her grab my hair and pull, sending me onto the ground.
"Oops." She laughed as everyone else joined her. " I forgot, even the smallest poke will send a runt like you flying."
I slowly got up and picked up my stuff before walking away.

After sitting through all of my classes with no other incidents I quickly went to my car so I could go home.
As I unclocked my door I stopped and went behind my car.
On the window someone had painted the word runt in red.
I shook my head and got in, pulling out and going home.

I pulled into the driveway and got out, running inside and up to my room.
I rummaged through my closet, looking for the paint remover I had used multiple other times when people had done this.
I saw the can and pulled it out from under my shoes, grabbing a rag from the bathroom and running back outside.

"Cira." Pierce was standing by my car. "What the fuck is this?"
"It's nothing." I mumbled, walking past him.
"Don't you dare tell me this is nothing!" He yelled, grabbing my arm. "Who the fuck did this?"
"I don't know." I said, trying to pull away from him.
"That's bullshit and you know it!" He yelled. "Tell me who the fuck did this so I can take care of it!"
"No Pierce! You can't take care of it!" I yelled back. "I'm the runt! Everyone fucking knows it and there's nothing anyone can do!"
"What is going on?" I heard my dads voice boom as the front door opened.
"Nothing." I said as Pierce let go of my arm.
"It is something dad." Pierce said, pointing at my car. "They're picking on her and she won't tell me who!"
I watched as my dad walked over and looked at my car.
"Who?" He growled.
"I don't know!" I threw my hands up as tears built in my eyes. "They all do it! As soon as Pierce isn't there they stop being nice!"
"Why didn't you tell me?" Pierce asked, letting my arm go.
"It won't help. Nothing will." I whispered, turning and climbing up so I could reach the window.
"I'm the runt of this pack and there's nothing anyone can do about it."
I poured the remover into my rag and started scrubbing at the word.
Both Pierce and my dad went back inside without saying anything else.

After a few minutes I got half of the letter r off and I leaned back, staring at it as tears ran down my face.
I looked over and saw Pierce come outside with a rag and he smiled softly.
"Let me help you." He said, climbing up next to me.
I poured some remover on his rag and we both sat on my trunk, scrubbing the word away.

It took us about 30 minutes before we got it all off.
"Thank you." I said quietly, taking his rag and mine to the laundry room.

I went up to my room and sat on my bed, scrolling through my phone when I got a message.
Runt
I deleted the message and put my phone down, instead getting on my laptop.

"Cira?" I heard my moms voice as she knocked on my door.
"Come in." I said, shutting my laptop.
"Are you okay?" She asked, sitting next to me on my bed.
"He told you." I whispered.
"They both did." She nodded. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.
"I didn't want you to feel bad because I got the trait from you. You tend to blame yourself for it a lot." I whispered.
"Well of course I feel bad. I'm going to feel bad anytime my kids are having a hard time. You're my child, Cira. I care about you and I'm sorry you inherited the small trait. I know how it feels. But once you shift you will grow a bit taller and it won't be so bad anymore." She said.
"I know Mom. But I'm 16. Everyone else shifted when they were 14. What if I never do?" I asked, trying to keep the tears from falling out of my eyes.
"You will. Don't worry." She smiled, standing up. "Now get some sleep. We have another alpha coming tomorrow and you're staying home so you and Pierce can be here to meet him."
"Okay." I nodded.
"I love you Cira. Goodnight."
"I love you too Mom." I said before she shut my door.
I laid my laptop on the floor and got up.
I walked into my closet and grabbed my shorts and a sports bra, slipping them on and grabbing my running shoes.
I opened my window and jumped onto the tree that was right there, climbing down it and going to the woods.
Running was the only thing I enjoyed doing anymore so I come out here every night when no ones awake. That way I can be alone.
Because sometimes, being alone is what makes me feel less lonely.
-----------------------------------------
Hello Lovelies!
The Picture Up Top Is Cira :)
How'd You Guys Like The First Chapter?
There Will Be Plenty More To Come, But I'm Not Sure How Quick I'll Be Updating Due To The Fact That I Will Also Be Writing The Fourth Book In My Other Series.
Go Check It Out If You Haven't Already ;)
Thank You All So Much For The Support Through The First Book In This Series And For Giving This One A Chance :)
I Love You All So So Much!
Until Next Time
"I Don't Think It Ever Gets Better, I Think You Just Get Used To It."
-Allenah<3