Chapter 2

"Cira." Pierce shook me awake.
"What." I groaned.
"Mom says the Alpha Jones is going to be a day late. We have to go to school." He said.
"Okay." I mumbled, throwing the blankets off of me and rolling out of bed.

I got in the shower after he left my room and then got dressed in a pair of black shorts and white shirt.
I threw on my black vans and grabbed my stuff, meeting Pierce downstairs.
"You're with me." He said, giving me a look, daring me to say no.
I nodded and followed him to his car.

"If anyone even so much as looks at you, you tell me and I'll take care of it." He said as he parked.
"I will." I said, getting out and heading to my class.

When I went to lunch Pierce waved me over and I sat down next to him.
"Hey." I said quietly as all of his friends stared at me.
"How's today been?" He asked.
"It's been okay." I said, smiling at him.
"Pierce!" Sydneys annoying voice screeched. "She's in my seat!"
"I'm sorry Sydney. But I didn't see a name tag on it." He shrugged.
"Why do you even want to sit with her?" She asked, glaring at me.
"She's my sister." He growled, standing up. "She has always been my little sister and I will always have her back."
Sydney bowed her head and whimpered.
"That goes for all of you!" He yelled, looking around the cafeteria. "You will not disrespect my sister in any way or I will personally kill you. And that's a promise."
There was a chorus of yes alphas and he grabbed my hand, pulling me out side and to his car.
"We're going home. Fuck this." He said, starting he car and heading home.

After he gave my mom a long explanation of why we were home she sighed and nodded.
"Fine. But just today. Well. And tomorrow." She said. "But you aren't missing anymore school. Neither of you."
"Yes Mom." We both said as we walked upstairs to our rooms.

"Hey. Cira." Pierce walked into my room. "Do your want to go get some ice cream?"
"Yeah. Sure." I said, standing up and grabbing my shoes.

"I'm sorry." He said as we walked around eating our ice cream.
"For what?" I asked.
"For not noticing. I've been so caught up in the Alpha stuff that I forgot to be your older brother. I could have done something to stop this a long time ago." He said, looking away.
"Pierce. It's okay. It isn't your fault." I said, nudging him with my shoulder. "Being an Alpha can't be easy, especially while juggling school at the same time. Don't worry about it."
"Cira. Do you believe them?" He asked, stopping and looking at me.
"Yes." I nodded. "I'm the runt of the pack. That's just how it is."
"No Cira. You aren't the runt. Yeah you might be smaller, but that doesn't give anyone the right to treat you like less of a person. You are an amazing little sister and I'm glad I gave you, even if you're kinda short." I giggled and shook my head.
"Thank You Pierce." I said, hugging him.
"Anytime Cira. I love you." He smiled.
"I love you too Pierce." I said.

We went home after finishing our ice cream because Mom needed us for something.
"Alright kids." My dad said as we sat down. "Tomorrow Alpha Jones is coming for sure. Me and your mom expected him to be here today so we have a meeting with a different Alpha. We'll hold that meeting in the pack house while you two stay here and Pierce will talk to Alpha Jones about the Alpha stuff. We'll be back later that night so don't wait up."
"Okay." We both nodded.

I went up to my room and sat down on my bed.
My phone started ringing, snapping me out of my day dreaming.
"Hello?" I answered.
"Look here you little runt." Sydneys voice came over the phone.
"No Sydney." I cut her off. "You listen to me. You're nothing but the beta's daughter. I'm the daughter of an alpha. Just because I'm small doesn't mean I'm any less of a person than you are."
It was silent and then the line went dead.
I threw my phone at the wall and sat on my bed, trying to gather myself.
"Mak!" Pierce ran into my room. "What was that noise? Are you okay?"
"I'm glad my phone is in an otter box." I mumbled. "Sydney called me. I don't think she will again."
"I heard that part. But I thought it'd be best to leave you to collect your thoughts." He said, trying to hide his smile. "But damn sis. That was kick ass."
I smiled and nodded.
"Yeah. It was." I giggled, shaking my head. "Fuck I hate her."
"Same Mak, same." He nodded.
"Well I'm going to bed. We've got a big day ahead of us tomorrow. Goodnight."
"Alright. Goodnight." I said before he shut my door.
-----------------------------------------
Alright Guys,
Second Chapter :)
There Were So Many Sweet Things Said About The First Chapter :')
All Of The Comments Are What Give Me Confidence As A Writer:)
I Love Each And Everyone One Of You So So Much!
Until Next Time,
"Having A Soft Heart In A Cruel Word Is Courage, Not Weakness."
-Allenah<3