Chapter 19

Cira's POV (2 Months Later)
You can tell I'm pregnant now, everyone in the pack knows.
Ryan has been going with me to appointments and stuff.
It's nice not having to be alone, but it's weird. I want Ryan around more than I did before. It's like him being there makes me feel better.
It still hurts to think about him, but I no longer cry myself to sleep.
Ryan and I have gone to visit his grave a few times, but it's hard.

"Cira," Ryan came into the room, "are you hungry?"
"Is that even a question," I giggled, "I'm always hungry."
"That's true," he chuckled, "what do you want?"
"Pizza," I said with no hesitation.
"Of course," he laughed as he walked away.

I've basically been living off of pizza for the past few weeks. Well, pizza and ice cream.
I laid my hand on my stomach and smiled softly.
"Hey there baby," I whispered, "we're gonna find out if you're my little boy or baby girl tomorrow. I've never been more excited. I know your daddy won't be able to be with us as you grow up, but I know he's watching over us. We're gonna be okay."

Ryan came back in the room a few minutes later and sat down on the couch.
"I ordered the pizza," he said, "it'll be here in like 30 minutes."
"What if I starve to death before then," I asked, trying to keep a straight face.
He reached in his pocket and threw something at me.
I caught it and smiled at him.
"Cheese sticks," I giggled.
"You haven't had any in awhile," he shrugged, "but they've been your favorite since you were a kid."
"How did you know that," I asked as I struggled to open it.
"You told me," he shrugged as he got up and sat on the bed next to me, taking it from me and opening it.
"When did I tell you that," I asked as he handed me the now opened cheese stick.
"It was a few months ago," he shrugged, "Jason was out at the store and you were taking to me about just random stuff. You kept eating cheese sticks and I asked if you ever got tired of them and you said you'd never get tired of them, that you've loved them since you were a child and you'll continue to love them for the rest of your life."
"You remembered that," I said quietly as I looked over at him, "I didn't think you were even listening to me."
"I always listen to you," he smiled softly.
"I talk a lot," I said.
"Well, I like it. You've got a lot to say and I want to hear it all."
He slowly leaned down, but right before he got close enough the doorbell rang.
I jumped up and rushed to the door.
"I'll get it," I said.
I grabbed the money off of the table and ran down the steps.

I got the pizza and went back upstairs, but Ryan was gone.

"Cira," pierce came into my room after I had almost finished the pizza, "we have to go."
"What do you mean," I asked through a mouthful of pizza.
"Tomorrow we have to go back home," he sat down next to me.
I nodded and continued to eat my pizza.
"What's wrong," he asked.
I finished the bite of pizza before looking at him and shaking my head.
"Pierce," I said quietly, "would it be wrong to feel things for Ryan?"
"What do you mean," he asked.
"I feel weird around him," I shrugged, "I don't know how to explain it. It's like I'm not sad when he's around and when he isn't around I just want him to come sit with me. Is it wrong to feel that way?"
"How would that be wrong?"
"He's Jason's best friend," I whispered, "Jason died a little over a month ago and I'm already having feelings for someone else. It doesn't make it any better that this someone else is his best friend."
"Cira," Pierce said quietly, "Jason would want you to be happy. If Ryan is what makes you happy then I think that's amazing. You deserve to be happy. Ryan seems to care about you. There's nothing wrong with any of that."
I just nodded and leaned my head on his shoulder.

Ryan's POV
I almost kissed her.
I'm not sure what made me do that.
She's still grieving Jason, everyone is. I can't just kiss her without her knowing about what's going on.
"Ryan," I looked up and saw Pierce walking over to me, "can we talk?"
"Sure," I nodded as he sat down next to me.
"Do you have feelings for my sister," he asked, getting straight to the point.
"It's complicated," I sighed.
"It's really not," he shook his head, "do you like her?"
"She's my mate," I whispered, "the moon goddess is playing some sick joke and has made us each other's second chance mates."
"A sick joke," he scoffed, "my sister being your mate is a joke?"
"No," I shook my head, "I didn't mean it like that. I just mean that her first mate was my best friend, my first mate was her mates sister. And now we're mates. I don't even think she'll want to be with me."
"Well you're wrong," he said, "I just had a conversation with her. She feels the connection, but she's confused. She feels like it's wrong for her to want to be with you. You need to talk to her, tell her."
"I know," I nodded.
"How long have you known," he asked.
"Well," I sighed, "since I first met her I felt some sort of connection, but I never thought anything of it. The morning she woke up screaming and I picked her up, I felt the sparks and I knew. The connection I felt before was stronger and I knew she was my second chance. I just didn't want to tell her. Her mate had just died."
"Well you're her mate now," he said as he stood up, "you two need each other now more than ever."
I nodded and sat here for a few minutes after he walked away, thinking of what I'm going to do, how I'm going to tell Cira that we're each others second chance at a happy ending.

"Cira," I walked into her room, "we need to talk."
"I know," she nodded, "I'm sorry. Please don't hate me. You were gonna kiss me and I panicked so when the doorbell rang I ran and I was just scared. It's not that I didn't want to kiss you because I did, I really did. But that's the problem. I was terrified that kissing you would be wrong but Ryan, if this is wrong I don't want to ever do anything right."
Before I had a chance to say anything she pulled my face down to hers and kissed me.
She pulled away and I smiled down at her.
"Why are there sparks," she whispered.
"We're each others second chance mates," I said quietly, "that's why you feel this way."
She just stood there for a few minutes before nodding.
"Okay," she said.
"Is that okay," I asked, "because if not I can keep my distance and we don't have to do this or whatever."
"Ryan," she smiled, "this is more than okay."
-------------------------------------------------------
Cira And Ryan :)
Some Of You Seem A Little Hesitant About Them But I Think I Like Them Together.
They Get To Find Out The Gender Tomorrow :)
Boy?
Or Girl?
I Love You All!
Until Next Time,
"I Don't Need Someone To Light Up My World, Maybe Just Sit With Me In The Dark."
-Allenah<3