Chapter 14

We got home and I carried Cira into the pack house.
All of the pack members were downstairs, waiting for us to return. They all stared as I walked in the door, but kept their distance for the most part.
I nodded at them as I walked past and up the steps with Cira in my arms.
It felt amazing to have her back in my arms after so long of her being gone.
"Stop," Cira mumbled as I walked into our room, pushing against me.  "Please leave me alone."
"Cira," I whispered, sitting on the bed with her on my lap. "It's me, Love. It's Jason."
She slowly opened her eyes and looked up at me with tears in her eyes.
"Jason," she whimpered, "its you."
"It's me," I nodded, smiling softly.
"I thought I'd never see you again," she whispered as tears filled her eyes. "I'm really happy I'm looking at you."
"Don't cry, Cira. Don't cry," I whispered as I wiped a tear that had fallen down her face.
She slowly sat up and leaned her head on my chest.
"It was terrible," she mumbled, "it was really terrible."
"I know, Love. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to."
"I think you should know," she said, looking up at me as tears began to fall from her eyes again.
I nodded and she took a deep breath before explaining.

She told me about the rooms he took her to, the different weapons he had, and why he was doing it.
"Why didn't you tell him what he wanted to know?" I asked quietly.
"Because if I had I wouldn't only of betrayed you, but the entire pack." She said quietly, shrugging her shoulders.
"Nobody would've been mad if it meant you would've been okay," I whispered, "you're safety is important."
"I am okay," she said quietly, "I'm home and I'm safe and I'm okay."
"But you weren't," I said, trying to hide my frustration. "You weren't okay and you made it worse on yourself."
"So it's my fault," she whispered, "okay."
"No, Cira. That's not what I meant, I just meant tha-"
"I know what you meant." She said, standing up and shaking her head. "I know exactly what you meant."
She walked out of the room and slammed the door on her way out.

Cira's POV
As I walked down the steps I could feel my heart fall into my stomach.
He was right, it's my fault.
I could have made up a lie or something, but I didn't.
I was tortured and it was my fault.
I let out a sob as I reached the front door.
"Are you okay Beta Cira?"
I turned and saw a pack member standing there, staring at me with concern on his face.
I nodded and flung the door open, running off the porch and into the woods.

I wasn't sure how long I'd been running, but it was probably too long.
The sticks were cutting through the bottoms of my feet, my legs were on fire, and I could hear my heart beating in my ears.
I started to slow down as the world began to spin and then the ground was yanked out from underneath of me.
I yelped as I hit the ground, pain shooting through my ribs. I rolled over on my back and stared up at the sky as the stars twisted around above me.
I laid there until the starts stopped turning and the sky looked normal.
I slowly got up and started walking, trying to find my way back.
As I walked I ignored the pain shooting through my feet and the ache in my legs, trying to get home as quick as possible.
It's not like Jason was worried about me, if he was he would have looked for me by now.

When I finally got back I walked inside and everyone must've been asleep.
I quietly walked up the stairs and into my room.
"You're back," Jason whispered.
He was sitting on the bed in the same spot as before, like he never moved.
I just nodded and went into the closet. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a shirt, all my own clothes, and went to the bathroom.
"Why are you bleeding," he asked as I shut the door.
"Mind your own business," I replied.
"You're my mate which means you are my business," he growled.
I ignored him as I turned on the water.

After I got out I sat on the sink and carefully wrapped my feet.
The light was on but Jason wasn't here.
I sighed and turned the light off before climbing into bed.

I laid awake for awhile, tossing and turning, trying to fall asleep.
But I couldn't.
Every time I close my eyes it's like I'm back in that room.
Every noise I hear sounds like his footsteps getting closer to my door, ready to take me to the weapons room.
I got out of bed and turned the light on, looking around.
I sighed and opened the door, squealing and jumping back as something fell into the room.
"Jason," I said, realizing who it wasn't something but rather someone.
He groaned and stood up, looking at the floor.
"I'm sorry," he whispered, "I love you more than anything, Cira. You being gone was terrible. I felt like a failure for not finding you quick enough. And now you're back and I found another way to mess things up. I don't know what I'd do without you. I'm sorry."
"It's okay," I said quietly, "it's my fault. I know that's not what you meant. I was upset already. And I overreacted and I should be the one apologizing."
He finally looked up at me and opened his arms.
I quickly leaned into them as tears slipped down my face.
"I'm scared," I mumbled, "I'm home now but I'm still scared."
"It's okay to be scared," he said, "just remember that I'm here and I won't let you go anywhere ever again."
I nodded and pulled away.
"Can you come lay with me?" I asked him, wiping the tears from my face.
"Always," he smiled.
-----------------------------------------
Things Were Not So Okay, But Don't Worry Because They're Okay Again :)
I Wonder How Long Sean Will Stay Away?
Do You Think He'll Be Too Scared To Come Back?
Or Will He Be Too Angry To Say Away?
Stay Tuned ;)
I Love You All!
Until Next Time,
"The Worst Day Of Loving Someone Is The Day You Lose Them."
-Allenah<3