Chapter 17

Cira's POV (1 Week Later)
I'm not sure how long we had been sitting here today, Ryan and I. All I know is I couldn't stop crying.
"Cira," Ryan said, "lets go."
"Where," I asked quietly as I stood up.
"Home," he said as we walked outside, "you need to take a shower and eat something. Your family will be here in a few hours."
I just nodded as we got in his car.

It only took a few minutes to get to the pack house.
Ryan got out and went inside with me.
"Will you be okay," he asked me as I started walking up the stairs.
I just shrugged and kept walking.
I reached the top and went into our room.
I grabbed a different pair of sweatpants and a tank top before getting in the shower.

After I got out and got changed I went back to the closet and grabbed one of his sweatshirts, slipping it over my head.
His smell engulfed me and I couldn't hold back my tears anymore.
I let out a sob as I sat down on our bed.
I grabbed the lamp off of the nightstand and hurled it across the room as tears continued to cascade down my cheeks.
"Cira," Ryan burst into the room.
I looked up at him as he walked towards me.
He sat down next to me and opened his arms. I leaned into him and cried on his shoulder.
"What's wrong," he asked after I calmed down a little bit.
"It's my fault," I whispered, "he only went to kill Sean so I'd be safe. He's hurt because of me."
"Cira," he said, shaking his head, "it isn't your fault. Don't ever think that it is. Jason went to kill Sean for multiple reasons. Sean killed his sister, put his mate in harms way, and has sworn to kill everyone Jason cares about."
I just nodded and we sat there for a few minutes.
"Can we go back," I asked quietly.
"Of course."

We got to the hospital and went back to the waiting room.
After about an hour of sitting there a doctor came out and called Ryan's name.
He got up and walked over to the doctor 

"Cira," Ryan said, "come here."
I slowly got up and walked over, hoping it was good news.
"My name is Doctor Liam," the doctor spoke, "Jason is your mate?"
I nodded and he glanced at Ryan before taking a deep breath.
"We got the bullet out, surgery went well," he said, "but he's in a coma. I don't know when he'll wake up, if he even will. He lost a lot of blood."
"Oh," was all I could manage to say.
"I'm sorry, Beta Cira. We did everything we could," he said quietly.
"Thank you," I whispered before turning around and walking to the door.
It felt like I had been punched in the stomach, like I couldn't breath anymore.
"Cira," Ryan called.
"I just need air," I said.
I walked out front and sat on one of the benches.
Ryan sat down next to me and sighed.
"He'll be okay," he mumbled, "he has to be okay."
I just nodded and we sat there in silence.

"Cira," Ryan nudged me awake, "you have visitors."
I opened my eyes and noticed we were back in the waiting room somehow.
"I carried you back in," he said, noticing my confused face.
I nodded and stood up.
"Who's the visitors," I asked.
"Behind you, doofus."
I turned around and saw Pierce standing there grinning like a fool.
"Pierce," I yelled, jumping into his arms, "I missed you."
"I missed you too," he smiled.
He let me go and I saw Addy, my mom, and my dad all standing there.
They all smiled and hugged me.
"I can show you guys where you'll be sleeping," Ryan stood up.
"That would be great," my mom smiled.
I decided I'd stay as Ryan led them out of the hospital.

"What's Jason's room number," I asked the nurse at the desk.
"It's down the right hall, room 473."
I thanked her and went to find his room.
I slowly opened the door and looked in.
He was hooked up to a couple of different machines with an IV in his arm.
I closed the door behind me and sat down in the chair next to his bed.
"It's me," I said quietly, "Cira, your mate. I miss you a lot, Ryan does too. He's helped me this past week, but I can tell he's hurting. He lost Hadley, I don't think he'll be able to deal with losing you too. Thank you for making sure I'm safe, which I am now. Sean is dead so I'm safe. I know my safety meant the world to you, like you mean the world to me. My family is here, all of them. Addy, Pierce, mom, and dad. They all came."
I stopped talking, trying to prevent the tears from falling, but it was no use.
"I've cried so much this past week that if I bottled all of my tears I could start my own water company," I laughed quietly to myself, "but that's not how life works I guess. Life is unfair. It always takes the people you care for most. Hadley was taken from you and Ryan, and now you're being taken from me and god damnit Jason. I don't deserve this."
I stood up as my sadness turned to anger.
"I love you Jason," I said quietly, kissing his forehead, "I will always love you and I hope you know that. And if it's time for you to go I don't want you to worry about me, I'll be okay. I just hope you will be too."
I left the room and went back to the waiting room.
"How's he look," Ryan asked quietly.
"Not okay," I whispered, sitting down next to him.
"You're family is all settled in," he said, "I think we should go and get some sleep."
I nodded and we went back to the pack house.
"I'll come up and check on everyone then go to my house," Ryan said as he followed me up the stairs.
I went into my room and he went down the hall to where Pierce and them were.
After I had changed and sat down on the bed Ryan knocked on the door before coming in.
"Are you okay," he asked.
"As good as I can be," I shrugged.
"Alright. Well goodnight Cira, if you need anything call me," he went to shut the door but I stopped him.
"Ryan," I said, "can you stay? I don't want to be alone again."
"Are you sure," he asked as he looked at me.
"You can sleep on the couch if you want," I said, "or I can and you can have the bed. It's just I've had these dreams lately and when I wake up it's terrible being alone."
"Okay," he nodded.
I got up and went into the closet to grab the extra pillows and blankets.
I made a bed on the couch and started to lay down.
"Cira," Ryan grabbed my arm, "go sleep in your bed."
"Are you sure," I asked.
"I'm positive," he nodded.
I got up and went back to bed, crawling in and under the covers.
Ryan turned light off before laying down on the couch.
"Goodnight Ryan."
"Goodnight Cira."

Cira's Dream State
I was in a field again, just like the last few nights.
"Hello," I called out.
"Cira!"
This was different though.
I turned and gasped.
"Jason," I yelled.
I ran over and he hugged me.
"Cira," he said quietly, "I love you so much, more than you'll ever know. I miss you and Ryan so much. But baby I'm hurting. I can't do this much longer."
"What do you mean," I asked quietly as tears fell down my face.
"I need you to tell me it's okay," he whispered, "I can't leave and have you be upset."
I nodded and stared at him for a minute.
"I love you too," I said quietly, "which is why it's okay for you to go. If it's your time to go then go. I won't be mad at you. You can leave."
"Tell Ryan he was the best friend any guy could ask for. Tell him I'm sorry."

I sat up in bed and screamed.
"Cira," Ryan jumped up and turned the light on, "what's wrong?"
"It hurts," I gasped, clutching my chest.
The door flew open as Pierce and my dad ran in.
Ryan looked at them and then back at me.
"Come here," he said quietly before picking me up.
He ran down the stairs and outside.
Instead of taking the car he just kept running, picking up his pace.
We got to the hospital and he ran inside, going straight to Jason's room.
Doctor Liam was in there, but it didn't look good.
"Liam," Ryan said quietly.
He looked at us and shook his head.
The pain in my chest grew as the tears kept falling.
Ryan set me on my feet and slowly walked over to Jason.
"I love you," I whispered as Liam put the blanket over his head.
Liam left and I dropped to the floor, crying harder than I ever had before.
Ryan sat down next to me and I looked up at him.
I wrapped my arms around him as we cried in each others arms.
We both lost the person we loved the most.
-----------------------------------------
Two Updates In One Day :)
I Cried As I Wrote This Chapter :'(
This Was The Plan From The Beginning Of The Book, But I Didn't Think I'd Actually Cry While Writing It.
I'm A Crybaby Though :(
I Love You All!
Until Next Time,
"No Matter How Strong You Are, At Some Point You'll Hit Rock Bottom And It Will Feel Like The World Is Collapsing Beneath Your Feet; But Darling, The Only Person Who Can Get You Back On The Surface Is Yourself."
-Allenah<3