3.

My flat was dusted and the air was still. I opened the windows, sat down and looked around. 'It's not that bad' I thought. I took of my clothes and started cleaning around. After two hours of methodical work it was shiny.
'Well, Speed, your new life starts right now, right here.'
I prepared some food and decided to read a bit. Actually it was a bit, cause I fell asleep quickly. I was woken up by a phone ringing
"Timmy? Where are you?" I've heard Alexx' worried voice
"I'm home Alexx, don't worry. See you tomorrow"
"Not coming back tonight?"
"No.I'm staying. I'll take rest of my things tomorrow OK?"
"Why? What happened? Is it connected with the conversation between you and Ellie?"
"No Alexx. No. I just realized that it's time to move on. I'm meeting the CSI tomorrow, starting the therapy. It's time to be myself again , not a dependant teenager".
"OK baby, whatever you want.."
"Thanks again. For everything. See you tomorrow at work ok?"
"Yes, see you".
Although it was late, I decided to listen to some music and overthink few things. I wanted to get myself together and find that old, cheeky Speed I used to be, not the kind of guy I became....
The words of Ellie made me angry, but let me think about the whole situation- first Delko, now Alexx - they were both haunted because of me. It has to end.
'Get yourself together Speedle.'
I opened the notebook I once had. There was a card from a florist- I ordered a bunch of flowers for Alexx and Jeffrey with a 'thank you' letter. Then, after a thought, I ordered one more, tulips, for Cal. The letter stated 'I'm sorry. I'll call soon.'
No signature would be better...no. Not this time. I signed 'Tim.'
Then went to sleep.
Cold morning woke me up with a headache. I got up, washed and went to work. There were so many bodies waiting for processing I didn't even see Alexx too much. She caught me at the break.
"What's goin on? "
"Nothing. I'm back in shape." I smiled
"Good to see it back" she smiled too, but I realized she knows the reason of my runaway.
"Tim, I'm sorry for my friend."
"No apologies from you, Alexx. It's me who's to blame. I didn't think clearly and I was pitiful. Time to leave little Timmy behind and welcome good old Speed back." I hugged her and whispered ' thank you so much.'
"No problem. Always on your side. You know."
"I do." I let her go. She was saddened. "And please don't listen to what she said. I cannot understand how she could even think like that".
"I can. I'm a fool to get you and Delko both in the same position. I should have known better people are bastards. Now- get to work, boss."
"Yep. "
We never mentioned it again.
After work I rushed to the range to practise shooting.
'Not bad' someone said just behind me when I took off my headphones.
There was a woman- certainly younger than me. I've never seen her before. I noticed the ID on her hip- MDCL. Lab worker?
"Thanks. Have me met before?"
"No, I don't think so. "
"I'm Tim Speedle. Speed. "
"Hi Speedle. I'm..."
"Walsh !!! Come here!!!"
I heard someone calling in the distance.
"Coming!" She shouted back.
"Sorry, I need to go. I'm Courtney by the way. " She shook my hand.
"Hi Courtney. Hope to see you again."
"Surely, Speedle. Tonight, at 7. In front of the Crime Lab."
'She's quick' I thought. I likeD that, I had to admit.
"What??" I said instead
"I'm your new CSI trainer. You know, the one Stetler was to give you"
"I... Yeah. "
"WALSH!!!!!"
"COMING!!! I need to go. Don't be late" she quickly turned around and ran to the guy who called her. Then they got to a car and disappeared.
I stood stunned. That was supposed to be my trainer??? This... girlie? ' Don't judge too quick, Speedle ' I corrected myself. Give her the chance. What other option do I have?
I turned around and put on my headphones. Started shooting.