26.

The day after she finally came to see me. I wanted to talk so, we went to the outside garden just to sit in a quiet place.
"Tell me Courtney how do you see it? Having a relationship me being in Miami, and you in NY?"
"Well actually it will be hard".
"What are you saying? Does this mean you wanna split up?"
"No. I don't. But Alex says that if I wanna lead a nornal life, I should get tru a PTSD therapy."
"THERE are therapists in Miami too.."
"I know. But he's the best as I was said... Soon be back"
"I miss you baby."
"I haven't left yet". She smiled. "But I don't want to be kinda surrounded, you understand? I wanna be with you, but still have some freedom. That's what Andrew used to do- cut me off from my friends, family... I had no hobbies, no time just for myself... It's good for the relationship to do some things together, but to have some time for each of us. That's called normal relation".
"Maybe you're right... "
"I AM right. Come to NY if you want, for a day or two...stay at my brother's house...you'll meet his family better, they are nice people..."
"I'll think about it ok?"
"But first get better ok? I need you".
"Yeah. I will, I'm already walking on my own. Need to be on a diet for a while."
She stayed until the lunchtime when I had to go back.
It was hard to say goodbye to her knowing she's leaving for longer that I've ever expected.
I hugged her." Remember I'm waiting here for ya."
"I will. See you soon". And she was gone.
I had some tests carried out and then the rehab. The doc told me to leave in 3 days if the tests are good. Harry came to visit me later." So...are you going to NY to see her one day? Maybe we could pop up to see mum"
"No. I don't want them in my life anymore."
"I'm cut off of them too, but I still think they deserve the truth..."
"They were kinda cruel to me Too, Harry...you don't remember that.However you can pop in there anytime you want."
"Yes. As I respect your decision I won't tell them anyway."
"Thanx. I'm coming home in three days."
"Want me to move out? I'll organize it in this time."
"No...we can live together for a while if you want...we'll see how it goes for both of us yeah?"
"Yeah, thanks. I'm working here in Miami now, so I can pay half a rent".
"Really??? Where do you work??"
"In a health facility in Miami Dade fitness club."
"Are you paid well?"
"Well enough as for the freshman"
"So let's try, we'll see what happens"
"I can help you with your rehab if you want. I'm quite good actually."
"Thanks for the offer. I'll think about it.how are things with Cal?"
"Slowly moving forward...she's great but sometimes I think she's with me because of you."
"Meaning?"
"Because we're similar in looks."
"No. That's not Cal's style...I guess she needed someone and you filled the void , cause she really liked you as you are, not how you look like".
"Ok, gotta go to work. See you later. "
"Yeah see you."
I fell asleep and had a strange dream. I wanted to go to NYC had everything packed but somebody kept me, holding my hands and not allowing me to move... I finally missed my plane and...
woke up.
I saw the doc standing over me.
"Tim? Awake?"
"Yeah...sorry. What's up?"
"Your tests came back from the lab. "
"So I'm finally leaving in 3 days time. "
"Actually not really. There's something wrong with you heart. It beats very fast and then slows down to almost zero beat. Have you been checked at the occasion?"
"Once... Few months ago. I collapsed. But they told me that's because of me being underweighed. But I'm progressing  in that right?"
"Gaining weight, yeah, but not the heart condition. Do you sometimes feel weak?"
"Yeah I feel the heat and then I'm all-sweat... But that's all because of the previous problems right?"
"It looks like you've been having it for a long time...tell me more about being shot."
"In my chest?"
"Yeah."
"I was shot more than 2 years ago. Close to the heart, main artery was damaged...I don't remember anything from this time, but I'm sure you can get the medical files."
"Ok"
"What about the cure?"
"Don't know yet. We'll start with medication ok? It should help. But this means you need to stay few more days to get checked."
"Yeah ok. Oh, doc, I don't want anyone to know".
"Yes, sure. It's your right. But you need to be careful, also with walking and exercising before we'll find the medicines that suit you ok?"
"Yeah. Thanks."
"See you later."
Shitshitshit. What's going on? I'm too old or something?
The next day I had lots of capacity tests, like walking tests with a different velocity, or holter's. I was really tired and didn't want any visitors. I needed to hear her voice so badly...I missed her like hell. I realized I need her in my life for good. However I wanted to give her some freedom, and get myself together after the medical news, so I decided to call her the next day.
H was here but I pretended to be asleep, so he left some fruit for me and left after a while. I wanted to share the possibility of heart damage with somebody, with him, but had to face it on my own first.