30.

H. was right. Right about everything. When I got up and made myself some coffee I heard a noise from Harry's bedroom. I poured some for him too.the door opened and ...there was Cal. In Harry's t-shirt she looked ...hmm ...tasty.
"Hi Cal."
"Gee, Tim!" she covered herself fast "What are you doing here??!?!"
"I live here, Cal".
She looked around cautiously and said "gosh...how did I get here? "
"The taxi brought us here late at night."
"I don't remember that ...gosh... what an embarassment... "
"Oh come on...both you and Harry had a great time... I envy you today's hungover" I laughed.
"How much did I drink?" She gratefully took two Advils and a glass of water from me.
"When we came you were already quite drunk..."
"And you?"
"Don't drink much. You know that."
"Ya I do... Tim, did I do anything stupid during the night? Like dancing naked or sth?you
would've told me right?"
"I would". H was right. She didn't remember." You told me actually you really like my bro."
"Cos it's true ;) I really do. Maybe one day there can be sth more of it" she smiled.
"Yeah. I hope so. You're beautiful and smart, and he's quite a good looking guy and a brainy one too".
"Yeah I noticed."
"And I know you fulfill each other in ...hmm... Every way."
"Oh God !" She blushed. "Did you ... Hear us?"
"No. You told me" I smiled.
"Oh...silly goose I am" the face went intensive red.
"Come on Cal. It's between you and me right?"
"Thanks Tim. So what time is the flight?"
"6.p.m. Have to be at Miami International at 5."
"Ok. I better go home and get some stuff".
"A taxi in an hour?" I picked up a phone." Yes please. Thanks." She kissed my cheek the usual way
"Do you have the ring?"
"So you..."
"Yes I've heard. And I have eyes- I see you love her."
"As a matter of fact I do."
I opened the box I put the ring into it before taking it to the jeweller store.
"Oh my god...beautiful...where did you buy it?"
"I didn't. Alexx gave it to me as a gift for her 'oldest son'. To give to my fiancee. She's got one for Brian and Tina too."
"Awww...that's sweet. I always knew she has this special feeling for you."
"Morning...." the door opened and I saw Harry.
"Coffee?"
"Please, Just kill me. Kill me best, Tim."
"Too much drink?" I smiled
"Kinda..."
When the taxi came I went with Cal to the town center and got out near the jeweler's. The cleaning and the new box for it took 20min. When I came back Harry was packing.
Arriving at the airport we checked in and went for a coffee.
The flight was a bit delayed but took off soon. Alexx gave me a kind of soothing pill to keep my heart rate steady as I don't like flying. I felt dizzy all the journey. They were talking to me but I was feeling only noise in my ears. I finally got asleep. I remember hearing the signal to fasten the seatbelts, and someone doing it for me. The next thing was the strong pull when we touched the ground. But I was still barely concious
"Tim??!!! Tim !!!!! "
"Yeah..."
"Wake up. We've just landed. It's time to leave the plane". Harry's words were hitting my ears thru the fog.
"Yeah...I'm trying." I felt the whirl of air when the other passengers were passing us thru.
"What's going on, sir?" I heard someones question
"It's ok. My brother feels bad on a plane. "
"Is he drunk?"
"No Miss. But he got pills from his doctor's an they make him sleepy. Tim! Tim! Get up"  Cal was shaking my hand and I really wanted to open my eyes but just couldn't.
"Do you need the doctor? " Said the stewardess. "Sir? "
"No...I don't...it's ok" I mumbled and managed to do it at last." I'm fine. "
"Are you?"she said
"Yeah." I sat straight took a breath and got up. Dizziness was awful. Took my breath away.
"Maybe you should sit, Speed you're white all over your face" said Cal watching me with the horrified look, while Harry was taking out our hand luggage. She used 'Speed' only when nervous.
"I'm fine Cal."
"You've got problems with blood pressure, haven't you?" She demanded answer. Now.
"Kinda. Alex gave me some pills and they made me sleep all the flight. Please don't tell them".
"I won't. But be careful. Please."
I nodded and started to head to the back of the plane to leave.
There were no more passengers just the three of us. Harry was carrying his and Cal's luggage and I had my bag with me. I was following them in quite a long distance. When we entered the waiting area I saw her there. She saw them first and smiled but then realized there are only two of them. Calleigh turn around and nodded in my direction.
I smiled at her but realized how bad I must look, when she changed her usual lovely smile into a horrified grim
"Geee.... Speed..what's up?" She asked.
"I"m fine - don't like flying too much and yesterday's beach party wasn't helpful."
Cal looked at me surprised and shook her head, but said nothing.
Harry took Courtney's car keys and went with Cal to pack the bags into it. "God I missed you so much" I said. "Courtney...I missed you. "
"I know. I missed you too" she climbed on her toes and hugged me close. Kissed me gently.
"Only that?" I laughed "only one kiss for me?"
"For now. Plenty of people here".
"So what?"  I lowered and kissed her deeply. "Oh... I missed that
Tim...come on."
"Ok ok... Let's go. How are you?"
"Great. Therapy is much better. I only need 5 more sessions."
"So thats... "
"Two and half weeks. Then I'm coming back to Miami...to my work...to you."
"I hope so. How's your sister in law?"
"She's at hospital. Went there yesterday when the baby stopped moving. But everything is ok, they only want to make sure. But it's probably on the way actually"
Oh no...I thought...not yet. Not until I talk to her.
We entered the car and Courtney drove us downtown- first left Harry and Cal at Brian's house then headed to her brother's.
"Is he home? "
"No. At work. Till late evening ;)" she winked.
"Oh how nice of him..." She showed me the room she was staying. I put out my things and asked her if I can have a shower.
When I went into the bathroom she followed me and it was a very pleasant bath I must say.
I changed my clothes and we went to eat something.
"How is he, huh? Your bro?
Will he accept me here?"
"Why not? He's ok Tim. He cares for me too, remember?. He works a lot, so not much at home. "
"I hope so."  The phone rang the very same moment. "Yes?He's here.Oh...really! Do you want me... Ok... Hang in there and let me know ok? I'll be waiting"
She put out the phone and said "Andre is in labour".
Fuck. What an unhappy coincidence...
"Do you wanna go?"
"No, Alex is there;) I must take care of you right?"
"Right." We went outside. The air was quite warm but much colder than Miami. I liked that. We sat on the bench and I lay her head on my lap. I needed to talk to her first.
"So...big changes for your brother and his wife huh?"
"Yeah " she laughed. "He wasn't convinced to be a father actually, but she wanted it badly"
I started to like the guy.
"But when she got pregnant he got crazy about that."
"Uh- oh... Here it goes. Then he got used to the idea and is now really excited. "
"And what about you?" I asked cautiously "Oh I'm excited too of course."
"No -what about you and the babies?"
" You mean if I want ones?"
"Yeah " I tried to say it as lightly as if it was a conversation about the weather conditions
"One day, maybe.Not now.I want to focus on the job and living normally. I'm still young you know..." She laughed "and you?"
Fuck...how to say it? I wanna be honest but don't wanna lose her.
"Well, I'm not sure if I would be a good dad I'm afraid"
"So you don't want to be a parent? Never ever?" She looked surprised.
"I'm not saying never ever..." I panicked. "Just I know that raising a kiddo is a big enterprise. I hope I will stand up to it one day."
She smiled lightly and touched my chin. "I'm sure you will. One day."
I smiled to myself- yes. I could finally ask that question. I hope dinner is a great moment.