My Half

Thank you @Naw-March for the great song choice.

The doomed Oak.

Embedded deep within its flesh the chain of silver stuck halfway in its trunk. This Great Grandfather Oak has been sitting here for generations after generations weathering storm after storm without worry until I came along to destroy its hold on the world.

Looking at the ground not far from the hand is a new seedling trying to take hold in the shadow of this massive tree. The Old Oak will wither and die now, unable to overcome the massive injuries it sustains, but in its death, this new sapling will take its place and grow just as great as this tree it came from used to be.

The Moon's full body is shining down her lunar light bathing the world in her full power. Nature's disturbing voice is lifting up into the sky as if the pitch is with triumph.

Hormones receding

The violent pain no longer there to twist and curve my spine in back arching agony.

Undercurrents of discomfort remain, hardly anything can compare except the birth of my wolf that is on a comparable level of what I just have experienced. Odin has his hand splayed out on my lower abdomen feeling each contraction of muscles that are spitting, pumping out the nest he could have filled up with a Future.

Another gush of blood washes out the remnants of my nest that took the entire month to build up only for a Future that I never wanted to implant but now I feel a sudden loss of what could have been.

Taking a minute maybe three to get ahold of myself, wiping away the raw crescendo of tears that have cascaded down my cheeks causing the dirt to cling to the skin in a muddy embrace.

Odin's chin resting on my head, his body curled into mine, holding me. His chest is heaving up and down, with every spasm of my lower abdomen, bunching tight only to try and force any remnants of tissue outward. Nothing is left, and now even those muscles that were flexing hard have started to relax its fibers.

Rapid and dense his breath clings to the night air so much so you can see the vapor of it before it disappears into the changing season that's becoming cooler with the way Winter is leeching into Autumn, sucking it's warmth away.

A stretch of leg, has his stretching out with mine. A shift away from his warmth has Odin's movement mimic my own until we are once again pressed tight together.

A fine layer of dirt seems to be coating my mouth and lungs making swallowing difficult. There is a profound dryness to the inside of my throat that hurts with its need to be quenched.

Sliding once again away from Odin, getting into a kneeling position. He kneels with me, so we're facing each other on bended knee. The dirt not only clings to the side of my cheek but his as well, an uneven path where his watery path leaked out of eyes that couldn't hold the overflow of emotion.

Taking something out of his pocket, noticing my blood all over his pants makes me feel slightly embarrassed, even though it's a natural thing to go through. Odin seems not to be bothered by it as if it's his blood that's leaked over him and not the product of an unsuccessful conception.

Taking my left hand in his, he undoes the thick silver shackle that binds me, what's left is a band of fur that is sewed with sinew, primitive in nature. A clawed nail cutting through the ties, eyes of dark green inspecting the skin carefully looking for any burns that silver can bring to unprotected flesh. Not even a hint of red to say silver was against me.

A soft kiss is placed on my beating pulse before he unlocks the right wrist, tearing through the fur band. Inspecting carefully, exhaling out when his eyes can't fall on anything out of the ordinary. Placing another kiss to the radial pulse that's bounding with the flush of blood that's racing through it.