Going Home (Part One)

Composed...

That word is not what is describing Odin at this moment...standing firm, solid, taking on a broader stance as those blood filled eyes scrutinize my face. There is a noticeable shuffle of flesh flexing along the bone line of his forearm before the cocoon of skin settles back to its original form.

His harsh silence penetrates into every crevice of the room...the tense sound of him collides into the middle of my sternum sinking into the deep marrow of bones.

Irregular beats of his heart palpate mine into a fury.

"I almost failed my pack, myself and you." Odin's voice holds a low tone that doesn't rise - it sinks to the floor at my feet.

Swallowing, that act hurts the back of my throat. My lips feel swelled, bruised with how I was handled by a male who was consumed by his greed of flesh.

"My resolve is faltering." Odin's words are coming out a mouth that is barely moving. His body holds a shine of sweat that has dampened his hair - the heartbeat still wages war within his rib cage.

His hands shake...

"There's nothing wrong with us touching, Odin."

"You're right, there is nothing wrong with us touching, but everything is wrong with how close I was to ruining everything. I should have been more focused and not let things build up where I was almost unable to stop myself." The level of sound slumps in the space between us so it's not hitting my ears but sinks itself hard on the floor.

Shame is the emotion pouring off Odin...internal shame...

"You have nothing to feel shame about, it's not right not being able to touch your half. It's not right that I can't touch you when I want to, how I want to." The pace of words rising within the space of my room.

"Charlie, it's what I have to do. My pack expects it, I expect, and I want you to expect it from me. I will not dishonor my pack, myself and especially you." The blink of his eyes holds longer than normal before he opens them again. They are still blood filled, but the musculature of him flexes itself with newfound resolve.

"You will hold all seven symbols, and I will not do anything to ruin that for you. You will not be ruined by my greed." The timbre of him amplifies pulling his body to rise to his completed height, shoulders back, head straight.

"The symbols aren't important to me, Odin." Eyes meeting eyes, colliding the vision of us.

"They are important to me," Odin says this with a rightful tone of conviction.

"So I bend to what's important to you? When will you bend to what's important to me?" Stifling the surging scream that wants to amplify from vocal cords that are poised and ready.

"First you need to figure out what's really important to you, Charlie." The words have no edge to them, they are spoken on a simplistic level.

Blinking slowly, saying nothing - vocal cords hold a paralysis. A need to say something to rebuke his claim, but there are no words that make it out. The vision of my eyes sets themselves on the wooden floor.

He's right...

A dense, long pause settles itself between us. I can feel the weight cling to the valley of my chest.

"Say something, Charlie." Odin takes two long strides to get to me, pulling my chin up to look at him in the eyes.

The color of blood has replaced his ancient forest greens.