Intentional [Pt.7]

Today was your second mock mission. You were up early. Something about the way Reaper opened up to you and actually spoke to you gave you a push to keep going.
You pulled out your training and began to walk out to where you all assembled. You walked as if unconscious and suddenly were brought to a halt but your head thudding against a hard metal plate. "OW, OW, OW!" You screamed, placing your hands on the sore spot on your head. A voice you hadn't heard much lately spoke with a concerned tone.
"Y-Y/N! Are you alright?" Asked Genji. You looked up, suddenly shocked by him. "Genji.. I'm sorry," you mumbled.
"No, no. It's not your fault, I should have been looking where I was going too," he replied with a sympathetic tone.
"Not for that.. for lying to you about the whole Reaper thing..." you murmured, looking up at him with a frown.
"So it is true? You do have feelings for Reaper?" He asked, soundly suddenly confused.
"What- No- Maybe- I don't know..." you choked. He chuckled and placed a hand on your shoulder. "You are forgiven. I understand, not everybody likes to share their feelings," He reassured you. You smiled, giving him a little nod in thanks. "I'd better get going, Soldier 76 will be furious if I'm not on time today!" You laughed as you skipped off to the meeting area.
You skidded to a halt as you saw who you assumed to be the 11 others playing. "Good morning. Today you will be fighting at Dorado. Defence will be Reinhardt, Widowmaker, Y/N,
Lucio, Ana and D.va," boomed the voice of the Commander, Soldier 76 (Jack Morrison).
"Attack will be Roadhog, Mercy, Zenyatta, Orisa, Pharah and Reaper," added Soldier. Your heart sunk immediately at the mention of Reaper. The thought of killing or even harming him sent you into a panic. Everyone split off into their teams expect you. You waited behind, hoping to be excused from training but no, that wasn't happening. Reaper shot a glare at you then motioned for you to go on to your team. Although, you really didn't want to you listened to him.
[Time Skip]
You ran up the the stairs and into a flanking route. You looked around, making sure nobody had spotted you, surprising, no one did.
As you crouched in a fairly hidden corner, footsteps could be heard. "Well well," chuckled the deep voice. "If it isn't my favourite, Y/N," laughed Reaper, aiming his shotguns at your head.
"Ah, shit. How'd ya find me?" You asked.
"Oh please, I'm a flanker. You don't think I check these spots every now and then?" He remarked with a grin. You had a shrug and a smile. "Well, I suppose you should just get it over and done with," you said, pointing at his shotguns.
"Huh, sorry, I don't take orders from you," he laughed, turning to walk away. You quickly grabbed his arm, turning and pulling him to you. You felt your cheeks glow bright red in the moment as you stared down his masked face. You, nor him spoke a word until you let his arm go. You turned away slightly, making what you had just done even more awkward.
"I-I'm so sorry!" You said, stuttering as you went.
"Trust me, I'm not upset about it," he chuckled in a confident tone. The dark shade of pink returned to your cheeks, making the man laugh again. He was taking pleasure in seeing you fluster over his actions. He took a step closer to you and started to push his mask away from his face but was suddenly interrupted by the loud shouting of Mercy. "Reaper! Where are you? We need your help!" She beckoned, making Reaper turn quickly as if he were scared of her.
"Hmpf, that'd be in signal to go. Cya later, sweetcheeks," he laughed before disappearing into a haze of black mist. Your heart began to race as his words rang out in your ears. "What did he just call me?" You shivered with glee.
[Time Skip]
"Victory to the defending team!" Announced Athena. You cheered, even thought you knew you weren't much help. You spent most of the match thinking about Reaper and they way he had acted. Gentle footsteps approached you and you shifted to see Mercy grinning widely at you. "Why do you look so happy?" She asked.
"My team won, why wouldn't I be happy, right?" You replied with an awkward shrug.
"Don't think I don't know what you were up to, " she scolded, "Are you sure you want to get into something like this with... him?"
You became tense and shot her a concerned look. "What do you mean?" You asked. She stayed silent for a moment, trying to muster up the courage to say it. "A relationship," she choked, staring you down awkwardly.
This time, you were the one who remained silent. You had never considered such a thing. You knew you liked him but dating was just so foreign to you and never crossed your mind.
What would all the other Overwatch members think? What would they say?
What if you weren't ready?
What if.. he didn't share this feelings for you?
____
AN:
Sorry for the weird ending, I didn't really know what to write haha.
Anywho,,, I hope y'all liked it. Also, thank you so much for 360+ reads <3
- Ally