Partically [Pt.12]

It seemed, this was the end.
Tears streamed down your face and crystallised on your skin.
Soon, you had so little energy not even the tears could run out. All that was left was an empty, bloody husk.
Silence..
Suddenly, something rang out in your ears. The deep, coarse voice of Gabriel was startling yet so comforting.
"Y-Y/N? Y/N!" He called as he rushed over to you, followed by a cascade of other footsteps who you assumed were your other colleagues.
With what little energy you had, you gave a little smile. "H-Hey.." You stuttered through coughing fits.
You were fading fast but it felt so good to have him here with you, even if it was the last time.
"Fuck. Why did I let this happen?" He growled as he glanced over your crumpled figure. You eyelids wavered slightly but you fought to keep them open. If you didn't, it was over.
"Genji, take her back to the aircraft and get her to Ziegler, she ain't dying on my watch," He ordered. The Japanese man quickly but gently scooped you up in his arms, giving the dark-robbed man a confirmative nod.
[TIME SKIP]
Amazingly, Genji had managed to return to the Aircraft undetected while holding you. Yet, you were still fading fast. Your skin was almost as pale and cold as the winter.
"Angela!" Genji called as she placed you down on one of the seats, "We have an issue!"
The Swiss woman quickly emerged from her space in the craft and knelt next to your weak body.
"Mein Gott..." she whimpered as she examined the wounded arm, "You have irreversible nerve damage.. It needs to be amputated.."
You didn't register what she said, it was all too much. Something was strapped over your nose and mouth before the world went dark again.
[TIME SKIP]
You were dead?
The light gently stung your eyes as they twitched open. Being just awake, you automatically wanted to strength out and massage your muscles but were quickly reprimanded.
"Miss, please remain still. A few more stitches should do it," insisted Angela Ziegler.
Your head tilted a little, confused. "What are you stitching exactly?" You asked. Nothing of what happened before would come back to you, not a thing.
"Look," Angela called as she pointed to your arm. All that remained was a stump. Small tears started to well in your eyes as the memories of not long ago started to come back.
"O-Oh my god.." you sobbed as she palmed at the fresh bandages. You ran your fingers along the joints and hinges on your arm. It was completely made of metal.
It was.. robotic?
"W-What? What did you do?" You whimpered as you examined it.
Something about it made you hate it, that wasn't you.
You knew that you should be grateful after all that Angela has done for you yet, you still felt a little angry.
She didn't ask whether she could do this or not, she seemed to have a tendency to operate on people with their permission.
"The damage was far too severe, it was all that could be done..." she murmured. A sigh escaped your lips and small, saline tears welled.
Why did this happen?
Was is Morrison's fault for sending you?
Was it Gabriel for not watching closely enough?
Was it your attacker's fault for not examining the target?
How about Angela?
Or was it all because of the naive stupidity that plagued you any time Gabriel came to mind.
He made you melt into a floppy puddle of emotions. You glanced away from the two and stared at the ground in silence.
"Is Gabriel here?" You whimpered softly. You looked back up, placing your gaze on Angela. She seemed to become suddenly hesitant to do anything. She gave a small, awkward frown as she cleared her throat.
"Gabriel said.. he didn't wish to visit you. I can't make him," she whispered, gently taking your hand in hers.
Your heart suddenly dropped and your eyes started to cloud with tears once again. "I... understand-" you started firmly although your voice wavered as the tears started to dribble down your cheeks.
Angela's frown turned sympathetic as she exited the room, giving you some time alone.
Your body heaved with each sob, leaving you sore and uncomfortable as you sat perched upon the operating table.
You weakly pushed yourself up and aimed for the door.
It no longer mattered what state you were in, something needed to be done about Gabriel's behaviour. He wasn't himself, he was almost being.. suspicious.
You stumbled out of Ziegler's laboratory and into the main compartment of the aircraft. Suddenly, you laid eyes on Gabriel. He seemed to jolt upright and almost jump out of his seat, trying to escape you.
"G-Gabriel, we need to talk," you stated. He stopped in his tracks and pivoted to face you again.
"Now isn't a good time, Y/N," he grumbled. You stepped closer to him, grabbing his arm tightly.
"Well which one of us is busy? I see you sitting on your ass and me practically disabled!" You shouted, giving him a hefty shove.
Silence befell him. A stutter erupted from him throat as if something stopped him from talking.
"What? What is it Gabriel? Come on, spit it out!" You added as you stared into the mask of his. He seemed to stoop to your height and place a hand on your arm.
"I don't care about you, never have, never will," he growled, returning the viscous shove before turning to exit the aircraft.
"Wai- No, no no!" You screamed as he stormed off.
Was he lying? Where was here going? He didn't mean it.. did he?
"Please..." you sobbed, collapsing onto your knees.
___
A/N:
G'day!!
So, here's this eh.
I have an idea for this but yeahhhh anyway.
I've republished a chapter of something I wrote before, another X reader fic.
It's also about Reaper, but Gabriel Reyes prefall kinda.
It's call Fix You, so,,, check that out maybe?
Ps: yes, we did get a robotic right arm. I tried to explain that but eh. Anyway, it's the right arm but you can change that as you read :>
Plus, tysm for 4K+ reads and SO many supportive comments like?? Ugh thank you sm oof