Fearful [Pt. 8]

Warmth enveloped your body as you looked up at the figure who's arms were wrapped around your waist, planting you firmly in their tender embrace. The face was shadowed and unable to be seen, yet you felt you knew whoever it was to some extent. Your body curled to fit theirs perfectly. Their grip began to tighten around you, holding you in place firmer than before. You tried to writhe free as you felt your breathing becoming more harsh and hard to control. You struggled in their grip, trying to turn and see their face. A twisted laugh erupted from them at your feeble attempts for freedom. "Tsk, Tsk. Didn't you listen when I told you not to show your feelings around here?" He laughed. You let out a shrill scream as your realised who it was. "W-What are doing?" You choked, still tossing and turning in their grip. No reply followed your question.
You felt them move their hand to your neck and begin to constrict your breathing. The light began to fade and your lungs no longer took in any oxygen.
You jolted awake, holding your throat as you coughed. "G-Gabriel?" You stuttered as you studied your surroundings.
You were in your room, lying in your bed. It was all just some... twisted dream. Your body jittered and shook as fear still coursed through you. The red glow from your alarm clock caught your attention. The pixelated numbers of the clock read '1am'. You rubbed your eyes, letting yourself relax a little as you concentrated only on the darkness that filled your room. The moonlight trickled into your room in small, almost insignificant streams and only illuminated the corner of your room. Your eyes started to focus and adjust to the darkness. As they did, a dark figure was revealed. Standing silently in the corner.
You quickly covered your mouth, only muffling and masking a loud scream. One of your hands slowly made its way to your nightstand and grabbed the pistol that laid upon it.
Darting across the room, you headed for the light switch and quickly flicked it on. You looked back to where the figure stood. Suddenly, relief washed over you.
It was just your coat hanging up.
You felt your cheeks blush red with h embarrassment as you realised how utterly paranoid you had been.
It was still 1am and you saw no point in trying to fall back asleep so, you trudged out into the common room. The halls were dimly lit and cold at this hour, as was expected. You could see the common room across the way. A light seemed to be on.
Curious, you carried on into the room.
You stepped inside and it seemed empty. You glanced around the room to find the crumpled over body of Genji.
"Genji?" You whispered as you extended your hand to gently push his shoulder, "Are you awake?"
As he slowly raised his head, you saw tears smudged down his unmasked face. "Yes Y/N.. I'm awake," he sighed as he smeared the tears off his cheeks.
"W-What's wrong? Why are you crying?" You choked. He remained silent, staring down at his lap.
"Genji... You trust me, right?" You asked softly, "You can tell me what's wrong.."
He shuffled a little before looking up at you.
"Fine but... please do not tell another living soul," he whispered, "I-I'm worried the woman I have feelings for does not... share those in return."
That feeling was all too familiar to you so, you knew how he felt. "Ah... I know how you're feeling, I've been through it all too many times. If anything Genji, you should just come out and tell her. One, it will be over and done with. Two, she will have to give you some sort of answer," you smiled as you tried to reassure him.
He tightly wrapped his arms around your frame and pulled you into a warm hug and rested his head on top of yours. He pulled away from the embrace and tilted his head, as if confusion had only just struck him. "Wait, why are you up at such an hour?" He asked. Your eyes widened, almost dreading having to answer his question and you spluttered, "Oh- I, Uh- Having the same thoughts as you I guess.." you said meekly. It was true yet, not quite correct.
"Trouble in paradise with Reaper, eh?" He giggled with a cheeky smirk. A deep red blush grazed your face at even the suggestion.
"N-No! I don't have a thing for him!" You grumbled. Genji chuckled at your retaliation as even he knew you were lying.
"You know Y/N, you just totally gave it away that you have the hots for him," he smirked, nudging your shoulder a little. The pink blush on your cheeks became mauve as Genji kept teasing you about your feelings. "When are you going to date him?" Genji asked, once again provoking you.
"I'm not! I don't know whether I'm ready to date plus... I've never ever bothered to consider the fact he probably doesn't feel the same about me... After all, he's 'emotionless', right?" You quietly rambled off.
"Y/N, you're a very beautiful and kind woman. I'm sure if he were to fall for anyone, it would be you," he smiled.
"So.. Genji.. Tell me who the lucky lady in your mind is!" You grinned.
"Some day, Y/N, some day," He laughed.
_____
AN:
Sorry I've reuploaded this chapter so many times. I just wasn't satisfied with how short I made this chapter so, I decided to add some stuff to it. It might not be the best chapter of this story that I've written because of how impromptu the additions were. So yeah! I'm sorry <3
- Ally