Jealousy

(A/N) MUST READ!
I do recommend watching the movie remember the titans to get a better understanding of the story. If you don't that's fine too.

I would like to also inform you that Gerry and Angelika since they were 13. The story takes place in Alexandria. During the time when schools went from segregation to integration.

Angelika's POV

Practice just ended and Gerry walked up to me "Hey Angie!" He wrapped me in hug which I returned. I giggled "Gerry you stink get off me!" He laughed and pulled away.

I looked up at him with a grin "Ger I have an idea! I have been thinking about it a lot lately..." Gerry smirked "Now Ang what did we tell ya about think'n?"

I laughed and shoved his shoulder "I'm serious Gerry!" He smiled "Okay what is it?"

I smiled "I think I might join the football team." His eyes widened "Ang you haven't played since elementary school! You sure?"

I nodded "I just want to spend more time with ya! Plus Sheryl will finally get to see her sister play ball."

He nodded "Okay, but what position?" I smiled "What about tackle and quarterback! Just like when we were kids!"

Gerry gave me a look "I'm not so sure about tackle... I mean when we were in elementary school we were shorter than you. Now we are a whole lot bigger."

I nodded "Okay, but do you even think the school will let me play? Or will team even except me? You remember the first time I played football!"

He nodded "Yeah I do. Ray and I were so mean to you! But looking back on it. It was pretty funny." I nod in agreement to be honest it was pretty funny.

~Flashback~

We showed up at the field earlier because dad was coach'n the team. When everyone arrived we started to stretch. Then dad said "okay everyone! I'm going to go around and you can tell me your name and position."

He walked up to a small blonde boy first. The boy smiled "Alan Bosley! But you can call me Al! I'm Defensive Tackle!" My dad nodded "Okay nice to meet you Alan."

He walked up to a boy with brown hair next. The boy smirked "Ray Budds! I'm Tight-end."

He walked up to the next boy who had the biggest grin on his face. The boy said "I'm Gerry Bertier! I play linebacker."

Next my dad walked up to me. I smiled "I'm Angelika Yoast! Y'all can call me Angie or Ang! I play quarterback!"

The two boys Gerry and Ray yelled in sync "What you're a girl!" I glared "So what I can play ball too!"

Gerry spoke up "Nuh-uh! You girls are only good for cook'n and clean'n!" Ray yelled "Yeah!"

I was angry I was about to run over but my dad grabbed my wrist "Calm down Angie!" He turned to Ray and Gerry "Now you boys leave Angie alone, alright?!"

~End of flashback~

Gerry wrapped his arm around my shoulder and leaned down for a kiss. But then Alan came running and yelling. I didn't quiet hear what he said.

Whatever he said Gerry broke away from me and started running. I tried to grab his wrist but he yanked it away. I heard my dad yell to Sheryl to get in the school.