Nothing Good Ever Lasts

Gerry's POV

I laid in my bed crying. I heard a knock on the door. Which I really wasn't in the mood to talk.

I yelled angrily "Who the hell is it?!" The I heard Boone say "Open the door ,son."

I groaned got up and unlocked the door. Boone's eyes widened when he saw me.

I groaned "Yeah I know I look disgusting! What do you want man?"

Boone shook his head "I never said you looked disgusting. I'm just surprised you cried over Angelika. Now I came here to talk to you."

I shook my head "I don't need any advice man."

Boone shook his head "I talked to Angelika about it. Now you WILL talk to you about it! I'm not leaving until you do!"

I looked at him "What did she say?" Boone shrugged "She didn't say much but I could see the pain in her eyes. I mainly just gave her some advice."

I sighed "Then what the hell should I do?!"

Boone sighed "You need to give her time. But how did you cheat?"

I sighed "I kissed another girl..." Boone sighed "And why did you do that?"

I put my face in my hands "I don't know! I don't know!"

Boone spoke up "Did you feel anything?"

I shook my head "No, no way!" He nodded "What about when you kiss Angelika?"

I nodded "This is weird to talk about but yes I do feel something every time I kiss her."

Boone smiled and walked out the door "Give her space but don't let her go Gerry!"

I laid there in my bed the rest of the day staring at pictures of Angelika and I.

~Time Skip~

Angelika's POV

I just arrived back at camp. I knocked on Alan and Ray's dorm.

Alan walked out "What's up sista I missed ya!"

I laughed "Nothing Al! I missed you too!"

We both gave each other a hug. Until Ray came out "Alan who the hell is at the door?!"

Alan turned "My sista!" Ray raised a brow "Al you don't have a sister!"

Al grinned "but I do have a sista!"

I pushed Alan to the side before Ray got to angry with him messing around.

I laughed "Ray don't worry it's only me!" He smiled "Hey Angie!"

I gave him a hug. I heard footsteps in the hall. But then they stopped. I pulled away to see who it was.

I saw Gerry but then he froze and turned around. To be honest he didn't look to good. His eyes were bloodshot.

I went to run after him but Ray grabbed my wrist "Let him go Angie. He only will hurt you again."

I tried to pull my away from Ray. I couldn't he was too strong. I groaned "Let me go!"

Alan kicked Ray in the leg. Ray's grip loosened and I pulled away from him and ran.

I yelled "Gerry! Gerry! Wait!"

Gerry was probably already too far away but I'll find him.

Then I ran into someone. I fell over and looked at the boy.

He had blond hair which was a little longer than most of the boys.

He extended a hand and helped me up. He smiled "I'm Ronnie Bass! And you are?"

I gave him a quick smile "Angelika Yoast! Um... not to be rude but did you see where Gerry went? I really need to talk to him."

The boy shrugged "I don't know I saw him running but I think he went outside. He passed his dorm so he isn't in there. May I ask why you are looking for him?"

I nodded and was about to speak until Petey came out of no where.

Petey spoke up "He's her man! Her knight in shining armor! Her beloved! Her boy toy! Her---!"

I groaned "Petey will you shut up!" I turned to Ronnie "Sorry! And I am dating Gerry but we are kind of not seeing eye to eye right now."

Petey spoke up and pointed to Ronnie "Sunshine here kissed Gerry when you were gone!"

My eyes widened and then I bursted out into laughter.

I spoke up "I guess I'm use to him kissing other people!"

Petey sighed "Sorry to bring it up---" I cut him off "No it's fine. Anyway did you see Gerry?"

He shook his head "No." I nodded "Well I need to find him."

I ran and went outside. I looked at the field and yelled "Gerry?!"

No answer. I wondered around but couldn't find Gerry.

I went to walk in the woods. Maybe he went there. Sometimes I know he likes to clear his head in a peaceful place. So I decided to wonder in the woods.

I yelled "Gerry! Gerry please tell me where you are!"

I left and went back inside. I knocked on his dorm. A boy answered but it wasn't Gerry.

I smiled "Hey Julius! Is Gerry there?"

He shook his head "No I haven't seen him." I nodded "Can you leave him a message for me?"

He nodded "Sure what is it?"

I smiled "I'll write it down for you because it's long just give him the note okay?"

Julius nodded "Okay sure... he misses you he's heart broken."

I nodded "I miss him too Ju."

"And you know the sun's settin' fast
And just like they say nothing good ever lasts
Well, go on now and kiss it goodbye but hold on to your lover
'Cause your heart's bound to die
Go on now and say goodbye to our town, to our town
Can't you see the sun's settin' down on our town, on our town
Goodnight"

The song 'our town' played through my head the whole time I wrote the letter. Just like they say nothing good ever lasts.