Rain and Sleep

Angelika's POV

We hopped into his Camaro and set off. I turned to Gerry "Where are we going?"

He smiled and glanced at me "It's a surprise." I nodded and just looked at him and admired all his features.

He noticed me and turned "What?" I blushed and turned to face the window "Nothing."

He chuckled and whined "No tell me! I wanna know!" He sounded like a little kid and I giggled. I smiled over at him "You want to know what I was thinking?"

He nodded keeping his eyes glued to the road. A huge smile was on my face "I was just taking in his handsome my boyfriend is."

He laughed "Handsome! I like that! Keep staring!" I bursted out laughing and he grinned.

He then had a serious face "So are you going to play football this year?" I sighed "I don't know anymore. I think I might change my mind."

He frowned "Why?" I frowned back "Well you know my Nan has cancer and now she has Alzheimer's. I think it's best for me to stay with her at the nursing home. So I'll probably leave camp early to check up on her."

He nodded "Okay good point." Gerry and I were both close to my Nan. Since he has been dating me for so long he has spent sometime with her. So it's hard to see her in pain constantly but, it's best that we go visit her and keep her company.

He put his hand on my thigh "Ang we're here." I nodded and got out of the car.

I looked around and saw woods. When you got out of that area there was a bunch of grass and a lake.

I turned to Gerry and smiled. He picked me up bridal style and started to carry me over to the grass.

He placed me on the grass and ran back to his car for a blanket. When he got back he set it down and we sat on it.

He placed his hand on mine and turned to me "Do you know how to paddle a canoe?"

I nodded "Yeah but I'm not very good at it. Why?" He smiled and got up. He extended a hand "Come on."

I took his hand and her pulled me up. We walked over to a canoe. We pushed it into the water and got in.

We both paddled it out to the center of the lake. I looked over to him and smiled "You know that would have been a lot easier if this thing had a motor or if I knew how to paddle it right."

He laughed and nodded. We looked up at the stars and talked for the longest time and then it started to drizzle.

I looked at Gerry "Oh Crap!" We both got back to the car by now we were soaked. The little bit of drizzle turned to rain.

I started to laugh and he laughed as well. I turned to face Gerry we just sat in the car. I ran a hand through his hair and laughed "Your hair is soaked!"

He turned to me and smiled "Your is just as bad!" I giggled and nodded.

We stared into each others eyes for long time. Until Gerry eyes flickered to my lips.

He bit his lip and then looked back into my eyes. I cupped his cheek and then leaned forward. I did the same.

When our lips met I felt my stomach tingling. I could feel him smiled into the kiss. Or lips moved perfectly in sync.