Advice

Angelika's POV

I went to run away. Then I heard footsteps behind me.

I turned and saw Ray. I growled "What the hell do you want Budds!"

He shook his head "Listen Angelika I know we don't see eye to eye but can we talk?"

I had tears streaming down my face "Ray I know he cheated on me but I love him! I don't know if I can let him go!"

Ray cut me off "Then don't..." I shook my head "But I don't know if I can forgive him!"

Ray walked up to me and hugged me. Ray sighed "I don't think he expects you to forgive him. But he expects himself to fight for you back."

I looked up at Ray "Who did he cheat on me with?"

He sighed and shook his head "Emma..." I gasped "That Bi---!"

Ray cut me off "Angelika calm down!"
I sighed and nodded "You're right! Anyway I have to visit my Nan I'll be back to camp in 2 days."

He nodded "Okay see ya." I smiled "Bye thank you Ray!"

He smiled "Welcome! And if thinks don't work out with Gerry... I'm here!"

I didn't answer him I just ran to the car. I wanted to get out of here as soon as I can!

Then I ran into someone's chest. I looked up and saw Coach Boone.

I looked at him and tried to hide my tears "I'm sorry I didn't see you..."

He shook his heads "It's fine! Now what's a pretty little soul like you doing crying?"

I cried even more "Gerry cheated on me!" Boone frowned and opened his arms up "Come here."

I gave him a hug and he rubbed my back. He spoke up "Angelika he shouldn't have cheated. But I know you love him. I saw the way you look at him. But I he looks at you the same way. If he loves you he won't let you go so easy and will chase after you. Right now he will probably give you some space. Just think about what's good for you."

He pulled away to look at my expression. I was frowning then I broke into a small smile.

I sighed "Thank you Boone! I needed to hear that!" He nodded "Anytime!"

I sighed "Well I'll see you in a few days I have to visit my Nan! Bye Boone!"

He smiled and waved as I walked away "Bye Angelika!"

~Time Skip~

I walked into the nursing home. I walked up to the desk and saw a handsome boy around my age but not as handsome as G... Okay I need to stop thinking about him!

He looked up from the computer and smiled "Hi! I never saw you here before need any help?"

I nodded "Yeah I'm looking for Marie Yoast room."

He nodded and got up from his desk. He opened this book "You have to fill out this information of when you came, when you left, your name, the patients name, and the date."

I nodded "Okay thank you!" He nodded and when I got done filling out the papers he showed me to my Nan's room.

The boy knocked on the door and walked in "Hi Marie you have a visitor!"

She smiled "Thank you Steven! Hi Angelika!"

He corrected her "It's Jack." She nodded and then Jack whispered to me "She has short term memory loss but it's getting worse."

I nodded and then he left. I walked up to my Nan's bed and pulled over a chair.

She looked at me confused "Where's Gerry?" I frowned "Me and Gerry are not on good terms as of now."

She frowned "What happened sweetheart?" I cried "He cheated!"

She placed her hand on mine and rubbed her thumb on my knuckles.

She sighed "Listen Sweetie the ones we love the most hurt us the most. We are all fools when it comes to love! I mean look at you Pap and I for an example! I never told you this but he cheated on my when we were dating. We broke up but never moved on from each other. About 2 years later we met again. Then 2 more years later I married the guy!"

I lightly smiled "Did you regret it?" She shook her head "Not a moment of it did I regret my decision to forgive him. When we broke up I realized how hard life was without him. I would never wanted to live my life differently."

I nodded and she spoke up again "You know the day your Pap died everything was perfect. I know it sounds weird but I will explain. Usually when he would cook for me I would complain about something but that day I didn't. The first words I said to him that day were "I love you" and the last words that day were "I love you." Then the next morning I woke up and turned on my bed he wasn't breathing. He was gone."

I smiled "Nan he loved you." She nodded "You know I see a lot of myself in you."

I smiled and giggled "Thank you." She sighed "I see a lot of your Pap in Gerry."

I smiled "Is that a good thing?" She smiled "That's your decision. If he is anything like your Pap he won't let you go. I mean we were married for over 50 years and that old bastard still wouldn't get off my back. He also still got jealous."

I started laughing "I love you and I love Pap, Nan." She smiled and squeezed my hand "I know you do."

Nan smiled "When you're committed to somebody, you won't allow yourself to look for perfection to someone else."