Chapter 43

A/N: Double updates again tomorrow bc everyone is mad at me 🙈

Lauren's POV

"He's here," I said.

The girls looked through the window and at Y/N who was sleeping on the bed. It's been a few days since we first talked and I could tell he was slowly getting more comfortable with me. It's still far from the way we were before the accident but it was something.

One thing I noticed, however, was that he seemed brighter now. It was weird but he wasn't scowling most of the time like when I first met him. He was always smiling and joking around with me. And then I realized that the true Y/N wasn't the mysterious, brooding guy. No, it was the always smiling, always happy boy I've talked to the last few days.

He was so different that I can't help but think that maybe—just maybe—I fell in love with the wrong person.

"Oh my god, Y/N," I heard Dinah say.

"He looks thinner. Are you sure he's okay?" asked Camila.

"He's been in a coma for five months, Camila. You can't expect him to get his weight back in just a few days."

"Lo, can we please go inside? I want to talk to him. Please?"

I nodded at Dinah's insistence. "Okay but you guys have to listen to me first. You can't say anything about the last months he was with us. I'm serious. He still gets headaches from time to time so you have to be careful about what you say."

"We can't tell him we're Fifth Harmony?" asked Normani.

"No."

"How about our names?" I gave Ally a small smile and a nodded.

"Names are fine. I'll go in first and wake him up. You guys stay here for a minute." I made my way to Y/N's door and pushed it open. I saw him stir slightly from the creak of the door but he kept his eyes shut. I moved closer to him—closer than I've ever been when he was awake.

The cuts on his face were still there but they were only thin lines now. Camila was right, he was thinner and even though he was eating regularly, it would take a long time before he got some of his strength back.

"Y/N?" I whispered, touching his face. My thumb lingered on one of the scars on his cheek. I remember caressing this same cheek and letting my hand smoothly slide across his face. But even with all the scars, he was still the most beautiful boy I've ever met.

He was still my Y/N.

I pulled my hand away when I saw his eyes slowly flutter open. He focused on me as the sleepiness disappeared from his face. He yawned once then stretched across the bed in one smooth move before he locked with my eyes again.

"Lauren... hey," he said in a raspy voice.

"Hey, Y/N. Time to wake up," I said moving to the foot of the bed. He yawned again and looked around.

"Where's mom and dad?"

"They're outside, don't worry. But listen, I want to introduce you to a few people, is that okay?"

He furrowed his eyebrows and sighed. "More doctors?"

"No, no," I assured him. "Just a few people like me who you forgot." He instantly perkde up at my words like a dog being shown a bone. He gave me the sweetest smile and I could practically feel my heart melting. "Do you want to meet them?"

"Hell, yeah! Bring 'em in!" he said bouncing like a little boy on his bed. I nodded at him before I moved to the door and opened it. Soon enough, four reluctant girls made their way inside the room, looking at me expectantly like they were waiting for me to tell them what to do.