The Host Club

I had been back in Japan for about a week before my parents finally got a meeting with the headmaster of Ouran Academy. A place where the rich and well-known heirs of families mingle. A school famous for it's academic achievements.

How did I end up here you ask? I am a (l/n). My family is equivalent to that of the Haninozuka family when it comes to martial arts although we haven't created our own styles of combat, nor do we partake in much army training.

We are rich like the many other families who attend the school, but I like to think I'm not as stuck up like my family and every other rich person here. If it were up to me I wouldn't be going to this school, rather a smaller and less prestigious one.

My mother wanted me to attend Lobelia Girls Academy but I refused after only a few moments on the inside.

My father always wished for a son but alas, he was -queue sarcasm- blessed with me. For some time he had always disapproved of me and was disappointed in anything that I did. When I was young I told my mother that I wanted to cut my hair shorter, not too short like a boy but not too long for a girl. It was has been about shoulder length since that day.

After I cut my hair I excelled in martial arts and my father began to be more accepting towards me. I became a champion and we started travelling a lot to other countries and cities. My mother, however, encouraged me to embrace my lady side every once in a while too, so that I wouldn't completely forget who I was.

I was looking at a brochure in a chair in the waiting room, just outside the office of the headmaster. I was wearing a black dress shirt, a pair of blue denim jeans with red high top converse. Mother stressed to me before we left, that I should dress in more womanish clothing, but I was only nice enough to put on the black dress shirt.

I was used to wearing tom-boy clothes and I wanted to headmaster to know who I was straight away

I was used to wearing tom-boy clothes and I wanted to headmaster to know who I was straight away. I was a tom-boy at heart and in some ways rebellious. I also didn't want to be here so I had hoped that wearing something like this may decrease my chance of being accepted into this academy.

I looked up from the pamphlet I was reading when I heard footsteps coming my way. A man(?) in woman's clothing walked my way with a girl(?) in boy's clothing. I was curious about the two and smiled as they approached. The girl in question looked about my age and so I greeted the pair politely.

"Are you a new student too?" I asked with a hint of hope in my voice.

"Yeah, I guess my dad is after your parents huh?" She smiled at me.

"My name is (y/n) (l/n)." I extended my hand to shake the girls in front of me.

"(l/n), as in..." She began and stopped shaking my hand.

"The current martial arts world champion, yeah..." I finished her sentence smiling lightly and scratched the back of my neck.

"Wow, I had no idea people so famous went to this school."