The Dinner

I went home after we pranked the class for Halloween and told my mother about the dinner invitation to which she gladly accepted. I went back to school the following week and told Honey and Takashi. Honey's reaction warmed my heart. He always manages to do so when he cheers the way he does. We planned it for the weekend coming at the Morinozuka household.

At current, it was Saturday noon and mother was fussing about what she would wear. I was sitting on the bed in her room as she modelled different outfits for my opinion. In the past months that my father hasn't been around she's really begun to enjoy herself. She's going out more with family friends and we've grown closer to each other.

"Alright, this is the last one. What do you think of this dress (y/n)?" She came out with a knee length purple dress on and white high heels. Just the sort of attire I would expect my mother to wear.

It was quite lovely but my disinterest in the subject had made me somewhat irritated

It was quite lovely but my disinterest in the subject had made me somewhat irritated. I tried my best to cover up my annoyance and act interested in the dress.

"Wow ma. It looks really pretty. I definitely think you should wear it."

"Oh (y/n)! I just knew you'd say something like that. You're such a good girl!" She pulled me into a bone crushing hug. Funnily there were similarities between herself, Ranka and Tamaki. "Now, I've had your outfit organised already so hurry up and go and get change out of those old clothes." She started ushering me towards my own room.

"But mother we still have hours. It's only just been lunch. Why do we have to get ready so early? Wait... What?" I dug my heels into the ground to stop and turned around. "What do you mean you've already picked out my outfit? I am perfectly capable of picking clothes! I swear, if it's something girly and gross I'm not going to be happy."

"But (y/n), it's a special occasion. You have to try and look your best."

"But I look my best in my clothes!" I argued back. "And don't bother saying you're just trying to help me get in touch with my feminine self. It's not going to happen. Nuh-uh, no way, nope, uh-uh. Besides, we're just eating with friends for like and hour. Why can't I be comfortable in what I want to wear. I swear if it's anything like what you plan on wearing... How am I supposed to eat?" I continued to ramble on until my mother held a finger to my lips in order to silence me.

"(y/n), will you just go and have a look at the dress? It's really not that bad. And because I know you don't like this sort of thing I made sure it was your favourite colour. It's just for one night, how harmless could it really be to wear a dress for one night? Please, I just want you to look as pretty as I know you can."

She looked at me with puppy dog eyes, the usual way she conned me into things. I rolled my eyes and face palmed. "Fine." I then muttered a few inaudible curses before I went to my room. She came with me and whipped out a (f/c) dress and a pair of short black boots. I raised my eyebrow. "Really?" I spoke monotonously. I sighed and took the garment from my mother.