The Gig Is Up

(Takashi POV)

After (y/n) walked out the twins started talking.

"Why is she so hung up on doing every little thing her father says?"

"Is she really that much of a daddy's girl?"

I glanced at them and gave a stern look. I knew that wasn't the case, she most likely had no choice but to obey him.

"Well I wanna find out what she's saying out there." Both of the Hitachiin walk over to the door and start eavesdropping. Tamaki follows, then Mitsukuni and Haruhi. Kyoya doesn't move, nor do I.

"What does she mean by 'whatever he does she'll take when she gets home'?" One of the twins whispered.

"Is it really any of your business? Don't you know listening in on another's conversation is considered rude?" Kyoya speaks.

"Yeah." I say quickly. But what did she mean by that? Was it anything bad?

She must have been finishing the conversation because they all scurried back to their places. I notice when she walks in she has a very reluctant face. When she looks up I realise that everyone in the room is looking at her but even so she quietly sits back with us.

(Your POV)

The twins started trying to convince Tamaki to come join the group until he started having a rant at Haruhi. He pulled out a treasure chest labelled 'King's Private Property' and continued his dramatic outrage pulling out a giant frame with a photo of Haruhi. She explained why her hair was cut and said - and I quote - "gum's a real pain to get out of long hair so I decided to cut it all off, I didn't care if I looked like a dude you know."

"A girl should never refer to herself as a dude!!! MOMMA!!!" Tamaki cried out. "Haruhi's using those dirty boy words again."

"I'm sorry but who's momma?" Kaoru asked the question on my own mind.

"Based on club position I assume it's me."

While Haruhi continued to speak I stood behind the rest of the group trying to contain my laughter. Tamaki threatened to demote Haruhi and that was when I lost it, even in the seriousness of the moment.

I gasped for air while everyone looked to me in confusion. Calming down I looked back at Kyoya and still laughed slightly between words. "Are we about done here...Momma?" I continued laughing. I laughed so much I had to sit down on the floor, my legs barely able to keep me up.

"Now look what you've done Tamaki." I could see his eye twitching as he ground his teeth. "Yes, I think we all need to go home for the day." With that we all packed up and walked out.

"So (y/n)-chan, did your father answer our question?" Honey looked up at me with hopeful eyes.

"I'm sorry Honey-senpai, he said he didn't want any of us to go. Maybe another time. I guess I'll see you guys tomorrow then." I spoke as I got in the car. I bowed my head as soon as I was seated. Dreading what I would return home to.

_____

(Mother's POV)

(y/n) finally came home. I know she can handle it but she shouldn't have to be put through that kind of dismissal. I took her up to speak with her father. The headmaster even explained the idea of joining a club and with that came extra curricular activities. Sometimes he can be such a hard head.

Everything changed with him when I had (y/n). I've never seen such a disappointed face before. He'd always wanted a son but instead our child was a girl. He said we should put her up for adoption but I refused and after quite some time he gave in.