The Cavity (P2)

I turned around to a pair of headlights shining in my eyes. The vehicle behind the lights screeching as it drifted around the corner. The noise the motor made grew louder as it sped towards me. The car drove up onto the sidewalk. My eyes widened. It was inches away from me when I jumped high into the air dodging the maniac driver.

When I landed the car slowed down and two masked men got out of it. One had a crowbar while the other had nothing from what I could see in the darkness lit only by a few street lights. As they approached me I contemplated running and I contemplated fighting. They were getting closer. My hand was still pretty busted up and I barely used it just now. I decided to leg it and get the hell outta there. Where was I going? I had no idea. I just followed my feet around corners and down streets.

I heard them running after me for a little while until the sound of feet behind me died. Instead they ran back to the car and turned around. I could hear the engine of the car. It was loud and when it pulled up ahead of me before hand it seemed of average size. It was coming closer once again but I kept running as fast as I could on the path.

Glancing over my shoulder I timed it. I jumped again with a back flip as the car went underneath me. It slammed on the breaks as soon as I landed and I started running again. I almost ran into it, instead reacting on instinct I leaped onto it but my foot got caught on the spoiler on the back throwing me across the roof onto the hood of the car. They opened the doors again to try and catch me.

I got up and took off. Up ahead there was a garden wall running along the path. I pushed myself up and ran along the wall for as far as it would go. The car came up beside it and one of the men reached out. I saw a shimmer of silver. He swiped at me with what appeared to be a small knife. It only just nicked my skin above my ankle. I kept running and I pushed to go faster.

There was a low hanging tree branch. I didn't see it until I barged through it. It was too dark to see anything now. There were no lights around. It ripped my shirt and I could feel a burning sensation along my cheekbone under my eye.

The car had slowed down because I had slowed down. The guy hanging out the window had put away the knife and brought out the crow bar. Each time he swung it I jumped to dodge it. Finally I had had enough. While I ran I kicked the crow bar into the front panel of the car and a pained yell was released.

I spotted a house up ahead. It looked familiar. I couldn't remember where I had seen it before but now wasn't a time to try to. Determination hit me like that tree branch. I zoomed away from the car and up the slight hill to the mansion. I got up to the front door and knocked on it like crazy. The car had foolishly driven up to catch up with me. One of the men got out of the car and made his way towards me.

I continued bashing on the door until a woman finally opened it. I rushed in and slammed the door shut locking every single lock on it. I sunk down against the door and breathed. As I sat and took in the much needed oxygen I noticed my clothes. I hadn't bothered to go home and change before I hit the dojo so I was still in my school clothes, which were now in tatters.

The woman who answered the door must have been a maid. Others had gathered around us by now.

"Oh my. What on earth happened? Are you alright? Oh dear look at you. You're all scuffed up. Come on, we'll patch you up."

"No." My breathing was heavy as I spoke. "I can't walk any further. Please."

"Someone go and get master Morinozuka and someone call the police. We need to help this young man as soon as possible."

"Wait!" I breathed. "Morinozuka? Takashi?"

"You know our young master?"

I nodded. "No police yet. I can call them myself."