The Confession

"We still have a while until dinner. (y/n) would you like a tour of the gardens?" Takashi asked breaking the silence and me out of my staring contest with my place-mat.

"Sure." I smiled at him. He knew the subject unnerved me. We stood up and he walked in front of me a little and out into the gardens. We were walking past a row of roses when he spoke.

"Are you alright?" He asked me, his voice laced with concern.

"Yeah, I just hate talking about him." I admitted while I looked at the flowers beside me.

"I never thought I'd see the day when you'd wear a dress." I looked to see him smiling fondly at me.

"My mothers doing." I gave a small laugh.

"Your mother knows best. You look beautiful." He openly complimented me and I could feel the heat rising in my cheeks.

I laughed much more nervous than before. "You think?" I wasn't used to those sort of compliments coming from anyone besides my mother.

"I know." He smiled and grabbed my hand giving it a little squeeze. He gestured to a garden bench nearby. "Would you like to sit?" He asked.

"Sure." We sat next to each other and looked over the dimly lit garden. After sitting silently for a few moments a small laugh escaped my lips.

"What is it?" Takashi asked curiously.

"Nothing, I just remembered the time Haruhi and the boss got lost in that maze at school."

"Oh yeah. I guess that was kind of funny." He admitted and I could see a smile playing on his lips.

"Do you think either of them will tell each other how they feel any time soon?"

There was silence for a moment. "I think that when they're given the right moment, things will play out as fate intended."

I looked at the stars that were beginning to shine above us. "Fate huh?" I pondered on the word. "Do you think fate brought us three back together?"

"I believe so yes."

"I wonder why." I spoke my thoughts aloud.

"Because I wasn't ready for you to leave me." Takashi said which brought me back to where we were.

"Huh?" I said confused.

"I wasn't ready for you to disappear because I had something I wanted to tell you." He looked at the ground. I stayed quiet in hope that he would continue. "(y/n), back then and even now I..." He stopped himself from speaking. I knew Takashi wasn't very good at expressing himself and I had the feeling I knew what he wanted to say.

I grasped his forearm with my hand gently. He looked at me and I smiled. I think I had finally put all of the pieces together. Why Honey stopped himself from speaking that time we had cake, why he wasn't here right now, why I was put into the same category for care as Honey, why Takashi was so kind and talkative around me. I still wanted him to say it though.

"(y/n) I... I love you." My smile grew wider while his face grew redder.

"I love you too Takashi." He wore an expression of shock at which I giggled. His expression wore into a smile and he took my hand in his again.

"Takashi, (y/n)-chan, dinner is being served." I could hear Honey running to us. "Come on guys." He jumped on Takashi's back and I smiled fondly at the two. "So Takashi, did you tell her?" He questioned in an innocent manner.

"Yeah." He simle softly at me.

"Yay." He jumped off his back and hugged me quickly. "Lets go eat." He grabbed my hand and ran off with me back inside the house. I looked back at Takashi who was still smiling and I shrugged. We all sat down and the maids brought out trays and plates for us all.