Chapter 1 ~ Kenzie

Saturday Night
Do you ever feel like you have no one? Not a single person in the world to talk to? That's how I feel right now. I guess I do still have Brynn, but she's started hanging out with the "squad" aka the popular kids. I think they needed a replacement for Nadia so they let Brynn hang about with them.

Me and Brynn have been best friends since I can remember, basically forever. She lives right next door to me as well, with Johnny and Lauren on the other side.

Oh well, if Brynn is just gonna go off with her new friends I might as well make use of the time. I jump up and run downstairs and grab an Oreo ice cream sandwich. I go back up to my room and put on my comfiest, fluffiest pyjamas and get curled up under the covers.

I switch on the TV but there isn't anything on right now, so I jump over to Netflix on put on my favourite show "Riverdale". This is my 3rd time re-watching it so I can basically mouth the words in some scenes. I have no social life aha.

Sunday Morning
I wake at around 8:30 and stretch, I lie in bed on my phone for a while and send my streaks before texting Brynn;

Kenzieboo☺️: hey b 😋
QueenB💗: oh hey kenz
Kenzieboo☺️: so I was wondering, do u wanna hang out l8r?
QueenB💗: id love to but I already have plans soz kenzieboo 💔
Kenzieboo☺️: oh right... okay then cya

Well that's that I guess, Brynn's replaced me. Wow.
I get up and put on some old clothes and put my hair into and messy bun, and keep my naked face. I trudge down stairs and sit at the breakfast bar with Maddie.

"Kenzie... what the hell are you wearing?" She says to me with a disgusted face "No wonder Brynn ditched you!"

I'm actually heart broken, I get teased enough at school and I know Maddie is super popular, but... she's my sister.

"Right so..." she's says intriguingly, "we're gonna give you a make over!"

"Wh-What? When? Who's we?" I blurt, she can't give me a makeover, it won't help! Will it?

"Okay just me and you for now, we're gonna hit the mall, get you some new clothes and some makeup. I'll teach you how to use it properly don't worry. Then we're gonna come home and I'm gonna help you get your social media up to date!" She tells me excitedly.

Before I have time to answer she's dragged me out the door and shoved me on the bus.

Once we're both seated Madz goes over the plan and writes a list,

"Okay first we're going the optician, then Sephora, then the Salon, then New Look, then Primark..." She blabs on but I stop listening and stare out the window day dreaming.

Could I really popular? Nah. Maybe? Nah.

"Kenzie. Mackenzie! Hello?!?" Maddie is practically squealing and I jump out of my day dream as she hands me a scribbly piece of paper, it says;

Maddie's Amazing Plan To Make Kenzie Popular
Step 1. Get contacts for Kenzie and chuck her ugly brown glasses.
Step 2. Go to Sephora and buy Kenz lots of make up to make her beautiful
Step 3. Go to the Salon to get Kenzie's hair and nails done
Step 4. Clothes Shopping!!
Step 5. Sort her insta duh

Well, this is going to be harder than I thought. The bus arrives at the mall and we hop off.

So I just put my new contacts on in the ladies room at the mall and... wow! It's actually a big improvement! Now we're going make up shopping... oh no. Maddie + Make Up shop = $1000 dollars gone!

Once we're in Sephora we find a worker who finds my colour for foundation, concealer, blush, bronze and highlight. Maddie finds a nice eyeliner and mascara while I pick out a Liquid Lip Stick in soft nude that goes well with my skin tone. Maddie then finds me an eyebrow kit and a few different pallets, we go to pay and the total comes to $175.47. Mum is going to kill us!!

"Next stop, Salon!" Maddie squeals, and pulls me about the mall until we find it.

It get my hair trimmed and styled and my nails manicured, with a marble pattern and rose gold Crome on my ring fingers.

Aren't they cute?  Only one more shop left, clothes! Or so I thought, Maddie drags me to what seems like 10 different clothes shops and we end up spending a further $200, we're dead

Aren't they cute? Only one more shop left, clothes! Or so I thought, Maddie drags me to what seems like 10 different clothes shops and we end up spending a further $200, we're dead.

It's starting to get late so we catch the next bus home, I guess Maddie will sort my Instagram tomorrow, and show me how all this make up actually works! Aha lol.