Chapter 18 ~ Johnny

It's been a few days since I last hung out with Mackenzie, her mom won't let her out after her argument. That's what Kenzie told me anyway. We've obviously been texting, but it's not the same. I miss her face.

I text her to see if she wants to hang out, and she says to come round hers, and bring Lauren.

"Lauren," I say, walking into the living room, where she's lying on the sofa with Bentley, her eyes glued to the TV, "Mackenzie wants us to come over,"

"Why can't she come here?" She moans.

"I don't know she said to go to hers!" I snap, "Now get your lazy butt next door!"

Once I've practically dragged Lauren off the sofa we head over to Kenzie's.

"Hey baby," I say as Kenz opens the door, but something seems up.

"Hi," she mumbles.

"Kenz, what's wrong?" I say as she lets me and Lauren in. She says nothing but just takes my hand and leads me to her living room, where Melissa is standing glaring at us, and Maddie is curled up on the sofa.

"Hello kids," Melissa smiles at us
fakely.

"Um, hi," Lauren mutters.

"Maddie has something to tell you!" Melissa snarls at us with her plastic grin, "Don't you Maddie?"

Maddie burst into tears and Kenzie went over to comfort her, and me and Lauren followed.

Maddie whispers something I can't make out into Kenzie's ear, and Kenzie turns to us.

"She's pregnant," she whispers, "and our stupid cow of a mom is being a bitch about it, and making her either tell everyone or abort the baby, but Maddie wants to keep it,"

My mouth literally drops. Never in million years would I expect that.

"Omg Maddie," Lauren squeals, "don't be sad! Kids are adorable!"

I'm still speechless. Lauren decides to yatter on to Maddie about babies, and Kenzie drags me to her room.

"Me and Mads are switching rooms by the way," she says shutting her bedroom door behind us, "so my room will be across from yours,"

"Cool, we'll be able to see eachother through the windows," I joke.

Mackenzie climbs onto her bed, dragging me with her. We sit down next to each other, and she rests her head down on my shoulder.

"Promise you'll never leave me," she whispers, a tear rolling down her place cheek.

"I promise," I say stroking her hair, "why would I leave you?"

I wrap my arm around her, but she flinches when I touch her side.

"I don't know," she mumbles.

"Mackenzie, please tell me what's going on, I'm worried about you baby,"

She doesn't say anything, but lifts her t shirt up, revealing a big slash down her side.

"Mackenzie!" I cry, "How did this happen?"

She's crying, and I'm trying not to.

"Mom," she whispers, barely audible.

"How?" I say holding her protectively.

"Few nights ago, when Maddie told me about the baby, I shouted at Mom, she cut me," she cries softly.

I wrap my arms around her, letting her cry into my neck.

"No ones ever gonna hurt you again Mackenzie, I promise," I whisper, "we can run away together, no one will ever touch you again,"

"I can't leave Maddie,"