Chapter 23 ~ Kenzie

"I said get lost!" I scream, "Go home to your perfect family!"

Johnny turns and walks away, I know I told him to leave, but I want him to stay. I want him badly, and I just lost him.

I need to forget about all this, about Johnny, about Hayden, about mom. Everything. I don't care what stupid thing I do, I just need to forget.

I grab my phone and scroll through my contacts until I find who I'm looking for, and hit call.

"Hey," I say nervously.

"Oh hi Kenz, whatcha needin'?"

"That offer you made me, is it still on?" I ask.

"What about John-"

"Is it still on?" I repeat, more forcefully this time.

"Sure, come over whenever," the male voice says.

"Be there in 10," I say, hanging up.

When I arrive at his house, I feel weird. I don't know why I'm about to do this, but I can't back out.

I knock on the door, and the familiar face opens it.

"Hey Kenz, we can go to my room,"

I walk upstairs to his room silently.

"So what do you want to do?" He asks me, sitting on his bed, gesturing for me to do the same.

"I want to forget," I say blankly.

"About what?"

"Everything, just get on with it!"

"Right okay," he says.

He leans in, and our lips connect. I know what I'm doing is wrong, I love Johnny. But I need to forget.

I kiss back and he starts to deepen the kiss. He's a good kisser, but nothing compared to Johnny.

He licks my bottom lip for entrance, and I let him. Why? I have no idea.

Slow and fast at the same time it gets heated, and before I know it he's on top of me.

The he tries to take my top off, but I push him off and pull away.

"I-I'm sorry, I can't,"

"It's okay," he says.

"I just want to forget,"

"I know what will help you forget," he says, pulling something out of a drawer next to his bed. It's a silver metal tin, with small blue pills inside.

"Brandon, I can't," I say, but he grabs my wrist.

"Just try it," he says, popping a pill in my hand, then taking one himself.

I put it in my mouth, my hands trembling, and swallow.

As soon as I swallow, I see Brandon spit his out, trying to hide that fact from me.

"Let's have some fun," he grunts, getting back on top me.

I try to push him off, but I'm too weak.

Everything starts to spin, and flashes of colour come bouncing around me. I feel dizzy, like I'm going to throw up, but my throat is dry.

I start seeing mini flashbacks, of Hayden last night, of me and and Johnny messing about, of mom slashing me.

Brandon's wardrobe suddenly shrinks to a quarter of its normal size, whereas his desk grows twice as big. All of this scares me.

Everything starts pulsating, and I can only vaguely feel Brandon start to finger me, before everything goes black.

I should of never trusted him.