Chapter 1

Chapter 1

He stood on top of the Hokage monuments looking down at what was left of Konoha; buildings destroyed, bodies scattered around and debris everywhere. He called out to the two that stood behind him,

"Itachi, Kisame. Check for any of our members that are still alive."

"Hai Leader-sama." They said as they flew off in a blur of black and blue.

Pein frowned as he stared down at Konoha again, thinking. 'The nine tails jinjuriki isn't here. Nor is the Copy Nin, wood user and the boy that uses ink animals.' His frown deepened, 'Without the kyuubi and the Hachibi, we won't be able to achieve true peace.'

Moments later Itachi and Kisame returned. The blue shinobi said,

"Leader-sama, only Deidara, Tobi, Zetsu and Kakuzu are alive."

"What about Ko- the Hokage, Tsunade?" Pein asked. 'Of course his beloved Konan wouldn't be alive,' He thought bitterly 'she was killed by the damned slug princesses.'

"She is currently being treated by her two apprentices, Shizune and Sakura." Itachi replied.

"Hmm...Haruno, Haruno Sakura. The one who killed Sasori?" Pein stated.

"Hai." Itachi confirmed.

"Bring me to her." Pein commanded. The two nodded as they took off once again.

~~~

"Come on. Job's done here! Let's go! I can't wait to see Sakura-chan!" Naruto yelled excitedly as he hopped from on branch to another.

"I can. Who'd want to see the hag's face anyway?" Sai said with a fake smile.

"Shut up bastard!" Naruto shouted. Angry obvious in his eyes. He hasn't t gotten over Sakura yet.

"Let's break this up kiddies! We got a home to go to!" Kakashi commented as he stood between the too with an orange book in hand.

"Kakashi's right. Let's go. It's only a few miles till we reach Konoha." Yamato said.

"Ichiraku here I come!" Naruto shouted happily as his speed increased.

~~~

"Shizune, I've finished extracting the poison out of her vital organs now." Sakura said as she wiped a sweatdrop from her eyebrows.

"Good. I'm almost done healing her wounds-" Shizune gasped as she was suddenly knocked away from Tsunade. Thankfully, Sakura catched her and placed her on her feet as she too stood.

"Shizune are you alright?" Sakura asked concerned.

"I'm fine Sakura-chan." Shizune replied with a reassuring smile, eyes never leaving her attacker.

"Hoshigaki Kisame and Uchiha Itachi." Sakura bit out through clenched teeth. Fist clenched by her sides, he was the reason that Sasuke left for Orochimaru. He was the reason why Sasuke is always so lonely and cold to everyone. He was the reason why Sasuke chose the path he chose; the path of darkness. He was the reason that Naruto had left to get stronger to bring Sasuke back, even when she confessed she doesn't love him anymore.

"You're coming with us girly." Kisame said with a toothy grin, pointing his Samehada at the pink haired kunoichi.

"You'll have to get through me first." Shizune said protectively as she stood in front of Sakura shielding her from the enemy.

"That could be arranged." Itachi grunted out as he flew past Kisame to Shizune.

Sharigan blazing, hands forming rapid handsigns, "Fire Style: FireBall Jutsu." A big ball of flaming fire hurled towards Shizune who grabbed Sakura's wrist and dodged out of the way. A cough was heard accidentally breaking Shizune's concentration on performing the hand signs.

"Shishou!" cried Sakura as she tried to ran over to where Tsunade is now on her knees, hands held behind her back and a kunai to her throat held by Pein. "S-sak-kur-ra..." Whispered Tsunade with a grunt.

"YOU!" roared Sakura. "You're the one who destroyed our village! I'll kill you!" Her bright emerald eyes darkened drastically as she channeled chakra to her fists and feet. A black blur flashed through the corner of her eye as a hand catched her fist. Tightening his grip on her hand, Itachi said calmly, "Don't be so reckless kunoichi. Unless you want your master dead."

Sakura's eyes widened at his words as if only realizing the position her teacher is in. Hearing a gasp, Sakura turned around only to see Shizune on her knees as well, Samehada at her neck.

"Let them go! What do you want from me?"

"Bring her to me." Demanded Pein. Itachi nodded as he grabbed both of Sakura's wrists forcefully pulling her closer to his Leader.

With a nod between Pein and Itachi, they switched places with Itachi holding the kunai to Tsunade and Sakura's wrists in Pein's grip.

"To answer your previous question, you will be joining the Akatsuki." Pein said calmly.

"And why the hell will I do that? You destroyed my home! My precious people! Dreams and goals!" Sakura spat angrily, trying to break free.

"Because if you don't, then you'll lose more precious people." he whispered in her ear, gesturing to Tsunade and Shizune.

"Don't Sakura!" Tsunade yelled hoarsly, loud enough for Sakura to hear. She grunted in pain as Itachi dug his kunai under her skin.

"Shishou!" Sakura cried trying to pull her now tied up wrists from Pein's strong grasp.

"...If...If I join you, you let them go." Sakura said hesitantly.

 "Hn." Pein said flatly pulling an Itachi.

Taking that as a yes, she looked sadly at Shizune who was eyewide and Tsunade who was seething in anger trying to think of another way.

"I'll joi-"

"Don't Sakura!" Tsunade cried once more.

"I have to Shishou! I have no choice!" Sakura yelled desperately, "I have no choice..." she said more quietly.

Turning back to Pein, "I'll join you." she repeated. "Let...Let me say goodbye. Please..."

Pein stared at her as if calculating any hidden motives she might have. Releasing her wrists, he replaced his hand with chakra rope tied tightly, "Go."

Running towards Tsunade, she knelt down. "Shishou..."

"Sakura, you shouldn't have given yourself up like that!" Tsunade said sadly

"I know. And I know that you'll find a way to save me from the Akatsuki. Bye Shishou..." Sakura said smiling through her tears. She got up and walked over to Shizune, saying the same.

"We shall be leaving now Itachi, Kisame, finish them off." Pein said in a bored tone.

With a few handsigns, Tsunade and Shizune disappeared in a poof.

A/N-Hmmm...Not really how I imagined to end it, but this works too. Please read, vote and tell me how you think of it in the comment box below! If I should continue it or not. I'll leave this for 2 weeks before updating. Angella xxx