Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Here." Sakura placed the last plate of food on the dining table. She quickly removed the apron she had gotten from Kisame and hooked it onto a hook stuck to the kitchen doors. There laid on the table were a several different variety of food. *A plate of tempura, a plate of dumplings, a plate of yakizakana with different sauces on the side, a small pot of sukiyaki and bowls of udon.* Deidara licked his lips as he was about to grab a dumpling with his chopsticks when he was suddenly whacked on the head.

"Ita!" He cried out as he held his head and glared at the person responsible; a certain pink haired kunoichi. "What was that for?"

"Not everyone's here yet. You gotta wait for every-" She trailed off as she just realized she just scolded a high status criminal. Her instincts took over as that was how she acted in Team Seven. Especially to Naruto.  Afterall, it was hard to change someone in such a short time. She resisted the urge to chuckle at the last time she had yelled at him for not waiting for everyone. "For everyone." She finished quietly suddenly embarrassed .

Kisame chuckled at their new member as he crossed his muscled arms and waited for the last few remaining people to arrive. It did not take long for the scent of food to reach Tobi as he literally flew into the dining room and almost destroyed the table by almost landing on it if it wasn't for Kisame holding him back and Deidara whacking him in the head several times. Just then Itachi and the Leader walked through, shrugging off the fact that Tobi was crying and whining. It seems as if it was an everyday thing to them.

 "Can Tobi eat now Kisa-chan?" Tobi asked the blue figure. "Everyone is here now with Tobi!"

Kisame rubbed his ear as Tobi screamed at him. Pushing the man though he concidered boy, back from his personal space, he nodded.

 "Itadakimasu!" They all said in unison except for Itachi who just nodded. They picked up their chopsticks and dug in. Sakura sat beside Pein, looking expectantly at the rest of the remaining members of the Akatsuki. Tobi, of course, was the first to speak.

"Cherry-chan! This is yummy! Yummy for Tobi's tummy!" Tobi cried out as he returned to his food again. Sakura smiled a bit at being complimented. Deidara was the next to mutter out a 'nice job' to Sakura. He was still watchful of the person responcible for his Danna's death. Sakura decided to ignore Itachi. She still hated him with passion even if she had long gotten over his little brother, she still hated the man.

"It's good brat." She heard Kisame say to her. "But I'm not so sure bout the fish..." He pointed at the yakizakana. Sakura cheeks were tainted pink when she realized she cooked fish for someone who was a...fish.

"Ah! Gomen Kisame-san!" She quickly apologized. Deidara who had stopped eating to listen to the conversation for a while, spoke up.

"Why are you being so nice to us yeah?"

"Cause Cherry-chan loves us!" Tobi piped in as he ran to the other side of the table and hugged her tight. Not knowing what else to do, Sakura awkwardly wrapped an arm around him and gave him a light hug. Even Pein looked over to see her responce. Sakura sweat dropped and breathed a nervous sigh.

"Well, it looks like I'm going to be here for quite a while and I wouldn't want to make any enemies so why not make myself at home." She shrugged as she beamed a slightly forced smile.

"Might as well." Pein murmured. His two lip piercings glistered and reflected from the light when he spoke. Sakura didn't know what came over her, but when she caught sight of his orange hair, his smooth skin, his lips and his purple rinnegan she froze. It felt like time has frozen, that it was only the two of them. She didn't hear anything all she saw was the movement made by those lips... She shook her head as she rid of the thoughts. 'I don't need any distractions while I'm here.She thought as she took a bite of food. 'The faster Konoha can rescue me, the faster I'm outta here.' 

Once everyone had cleared their plates, she stood and placed all the dishes in sink. She turned on the water and waited for it to fill the sink.

"Haruno." She turned to see Pein talking to her as was about to exit the room. "Meet me in my office after you're done."

"H-Hai." She quickly nodded. She turned her attention back to what she was doing and thought what Pein could possibly want her for...

 A/N-Finally updated this. So sorry for the late update guys, I'm going to leave Reflections for a bit and update here more often! ^_^ Thanks for all your patience!

*Tempura-Fried meat.

Yakizakana-whole grilled fish.

Sukiyaki-sliced beef, tofu, onions in sweet soup.

Udon-Japanese wheat noodles.*