The Coronation

His purple cloak gliding behind him on the sapphire floor, his heart cold and guilty, he took the sword of his father in his hands

His purple cloak gliding behind him on the sapphire floor, his heart cold and guilty, he took the sword of his father in his hands. As he stood in front of the room and turned, his dark brown eyes glistened with a clouded sort of happiness. The blessings were given, and he sat on the throne. His pale skin was washed in rose water, his purple cloak removed and the Emerald Cloak put in its place.
"I now declare Prince Jungkook of Jeon the Emperor of the 389th reign."
The subjects cheered outside in the courtyards, gifts of fruit, honey and precious stone were placed at the new Emperor's feet. As Jungkook looked over them, his two brothers sat on either side. He had a secret in his heart, one which could shake the Bangtan Palace.

For the first year, the young Emperor managed to provide governance and aid to his Empire. But soon enough, his inexperienced hands let go, and the people watched as Jeon plummeted to the bottom. Emperor Jungkook was distraught and frustrated, but no amount of damage to the Empire could make him renounce the throne.