The General's Mission

The Spirit sat on the throne, going over what he had done

The Spirit sat on the throne, going over what he had done. He had made Prince Taehyung suffer for his actions by seeing Prince Jimin in pain caused by the detrimental incident involving the Empress. He could not directly do to Jimin what he did with the Empress, for the rumors were true: Hanyu was the Spirit's descendant, a daughter of the child of Emperor Min Yoongi. And it was the rule made by the Strength: if you are ever to come upon any of your own descendants, they must be made the medium of any punishments given. And so the Spirit watched as his own blood, Hanyu, fought for her life for nine continuous days.

"The situation must be addressed. Such a mission has not come into the Royal records for the past century, and so it is vital that it remain secret. Until it's accomplishment, it must stay hidden, otherwise whoever is doing it shall become aware and the danger will increase. I must find skilled minds to assign this mission to."
"I understand and shall help you, General Namjoon," the Emperor replied. "And I can never thank you enough for risking your life at war for Jeon whenever I failed to protect it."
"There is no need, Sire. It is my duty. I leave for the battle in two days. We must find worthy hands in that time."
"It shall be taken care of."
The General bowed and left the room.
Ever since the chandelier had crashed, and Hanyu had been in critical condition, the Palace was filled with fear and frustration. General Namjoon was especially concerned about it, so he proposed the mission to the Emperor. And the Emperor had no choice but to agree: it was the life of the only woman he loved, as well as himself. So it was up to him alone to find the most capable hands in Jeon.