The Spirit Daughter

The subjects all bowed upon entering the courtroom

"Your Highness, there is a girl on the outskirts of the village. She is rumored to be the Spirit Daughter." Emperor Jungkook raised an eyebrow but said nothing. They went on, "If I am allowed, may I make an appeal?" The Emperor sat in approving silence. "The Spirit would want the well-being of its kin, your Highness. If you were to wed..."
"Finish your sentence."
"If you were to marry her, you will become the Spirit's son-in-law. And since he shall want the happiness of his daughter, he may be kind and restore the prosperity of the kingdom."
"PROPOSTEROUS!" The young Emperor felt threatened. "A GIRL OF SUCH LOW STATURE IS NOT TO BE MADE EMPRESS! HOW DARE YOU PUT FORWARD SUCH A DEMAND?!"
The man bowed in desperation. "Your Highness, if you were only to see her as of tomorrow, we would be at great peace."
After much of debate,the Emperor realized he could not say no. It was his throne after all, and whatever it was that made him hold on to it so dearly could not be ignored. "You shall have her with me for 5 minutes. If she fails, she shall be sent away from Jeon." The subjects murmured praise and thanks, and left with their heads low.