The Second Attempt

The Emperor and his younger brother were practicing with their swords in the Bangtan Royal Training Grounds. As the Prince Jimin's sword was skillfully slid out of his grasp, he laughed and said, "Hyungnim, you know very well you shall attain guaranteed victory if you fight me. I prefer the pen over the sword, and the library over the Training Grounds." The Emperor smiled and ruffled the young man's hair. "My little brother has grown to be a literature boy, hasn't he?" "Hyungnim! Please don't mess my hair!"
"Why not? You're always fixing it anyways." They both laughed. Suddenly the Royal horn sounded, and the Empress appeared on the Training Ground pathway. She smiled warmly at Jimin. Jungkook's smile faded and he said gravely to the Prince, "You should go now." The Prince also felt the tense atmosphere and decided to leave the grounds.
As the Emperor was returning to his room, polishing his sword on the way, he heard music coming from the ballroom. He pushed open the door and there, saw his Empress dancing in Prince Jimin's arms. Her eyes sparkled with happiness as she looked at the smiling Prince. Her hanbok glided gracefully over the jaded marble floor, and the flowers in her dark hair seemed to sing the song of her beauty. Her skin was golden, rich and warm. He longed to touch it, to brush his fingers over her soft pink lips. He wanted to dance with her too, to take her away into a world where only the two of them existed. But in the place where he was supposed to be stood his brother, holding his wife, loving her more than anyone ever could. And he couldn't stand it. Suddenly in Prince Jimin's face, he saw not his dear little brother but an intruder: an intruder in his beautiful life with the Empress. His brain went blank, the only thing he felt was anger, envy and emotion. His feet stormed towards Prince Jimin, and he lifted the sword high over his head. The Prince looked up and saw the sword crashing down towards him, but then it stopped.

Prince Taehyung lifted his shield up in front of Prince Jimin's terror-stricken face. His expression was cold as ice, and before anyone could think he pulled out his sword from its sheath and struck the Emperor. Blood gushed out of an awestruck Jungkook, and soon the ballroom was a battle-zone. Weapons clashed and fists flew as the two fought like mortal enemies. The Spirit was watching from behind the piano, and once again, it was time for action.
Suddenly, both their swords came to a halt. The Empress stood between them, grasping both swords, panting heavily for breath. Blood ran down from her hands along the blades and pooled on the floor below her. Soon, her hands slipped off. Hanyu's scarred cheek hit the bloody ground, and she breathed what could have been her last breath.