Coming Together

The sun was setting, and the Empress stood on the balcony, watching it and thinking. "You seem busy. Should I come later?"
She turned around to see Emperor Jungkook's head sticking out from the door.

"No no

"No no. It's okay. Come," she replied calmly. The awkwardness that her voice would have before had now disappeared.
The two stood together, quietly watching as the sun disappeared below the horizon. It was a beautiful play put on by nature, and Hanyu stood admiring the tranquil atmosphere, when suddenly Jungkook's stomach rumbled loudly.
"Um... I think I should get something to eat," he said, embarrassed.
Hanyu laughed a bit. She walked closer to him and rested her head on his shoulder.
Jungkook was a bit taken aback, but chose not to ruin the moment and placed his hand on her head.

"That was so good," the Emperor grinned contently. He had three entire bowls of japchae, and could not have been happier. The Empress had watched him the entire time, trying to comprehend how a person could eat THAT much. Since that night, his cold and unforgiving attitude had disappeared. He seemed so lovable and kind. She had let her doors down. His bunny-like smile and the mischievous sparkle in his eyes would make her forget all of her thoughts and worries.
Empress Hanyu walked out of the bathroom and saw Emperor Jungkook sitting up on the bed, patting his belly. She giggled a bit seeing how cute he was. After drying off her hair, she crawled up to him and let her arms encircle him. She felt his lips kiss her forehead, and for the first time in ages she felt at peace. No one, no one's thoughts could break her away from that peace now: not even Jimin's.