CHAPTER TEN: THE GREATER DRAGON

Alex arrived early, as usual, but this time, Felicia was already there. She immediately ran over to him and hugged him. This caught Alex off guard, but he went with it.
"Thank you for bringing me back and telling me about the swordplay. I couldn't stop thinking about you. You're my hero," Felicia said with passion.
"You're welcome. I love you. I would have killed myself if I wasn't able to bring you back. I couldn't bear the thought of living without you," Alex said with just as much passion.
"I love you, too," she replied. "What was that pile of ash that I swept up earlier?" She then asked.
"That was the remains of your killer. I snapped and hit him with my most powerful lightning bolt," he answered honestly.
"Artemis had told me that you were doing excellently with attack spells, but I had no idea that you were capable of disintegrating a man! I'm glad that you didn't resort to your explosion spell. I heard what happened to the practice dummy," Felicia stated.
"Yeah," Alex said, laughing.
"You may laugh, but that practice dummy was the sturdiest one we have. Your specialty seems to be attack spells, but you're still exceptionally proficient with defensive spells and healing. Woe to anyone who sets you off as much as my killer did," she said in a serious tone.
"On a different note, how did you recognize me in my Drake form the first day of lessons?" Alex asked.
"You're the only one here who has red scales in Drake form. I don't know about your other dragon forms, but I've heard that scale color remains consistent. The last one to have red scales in dragon form was...the last one with red scales was...was..." Felicia broke off. "I can’t...bring myself...to say it," she sobbed, tears coming to her eyes.
Alex put one hand on her shoulder and drew her into a bear hug, where she cried on his shoulder. It broke his heart to see her like this. He wished he could take away all of her pain.
"Thank you," Felicia said as she recovered.
"I'm guessing you had some sort of emotional attachment to the last one with red scales and now they're dead?" Alex observed.
"Yes. It was the queen. She was like a mother to me. My real mother died giving birth to me and my father died of a broken heart shortly afterwards. The queen took me in and raised me as her own until she died. I was thirteen at the time. After that, Serena and Nick took turns taking care of me, but I was never the same," Felicia answered.
"I'm sorry to hear that. I know what it's like to lose a loved one. I know that pain all too well."
Felicia knew then that Alex was perfect for her. She kissed him and it became mutual, but this time there was more passion. A little while later, they were at third base.

The following day, Alex was approached by Artemis during the time he used to have strategy lessons. She looked a little disappointed. She obviously didn't know that Felicia was okay with the swordplay lessons.
"So, you're single now," she said in a depressed tone.
"Actually, Felicia is okay with the swordplay lessons. I told her yesterday and she still loves me," Alex told her.
"Oh! Oh my goodness! Alex, I am so happy for you!!" Artemis exclaimed, brightening up. "Is it okay if I tell Serena?" She asked.
"Absolutely," Alex answered.
"Oh, Alex. Come here," Artemis said, hugging him.
Felicia approached him when he would have had his next lesson in attack spells. She looked like she was there to tell him about his lessons in healing. Alex found out that she was.
"Hey, Alex. About your lessons with me, you have officially graduated from them. I was going to give you another lesson in resurrection yesterday, but you used sadness to bring me back. Thanks again for that," she said with affection.
"You're welcome. I'm a little sad that I had to graduate under those circumstances, but I was too late to save you," he said in a sad tone.
"Don't beat yourself up over it. You brought me back after avenging me. That's all that matters to me," she said before kissing him passionately.
"I love you," Alex said, returning the kiss with just as much passion.
"I love you, too," Felicia replied, hugging him. "You remind me of the queen, and not just because of the red scales," she continued.
"I take it she was protective of you, as well?" He observed.
"Yes, but coming from you, it means more," she responded.
"I am a lucky man to be loved by you," Alex finished.
In swordplay, Jaden seemed a little wary. Alex wanted to know why, but he didn't know how to approach the matter. Thankfully, he didn't have to ask.
"It seems you forgot to tell Felicia about these lessons," Jaden said during the break.
"I told her, but she's okay with it. I was surprised, too," Alex replied.
"Ah. You got lucky in more ways than one," Jaden stated in a proud, but discreet tone.
"How can you tell?" Alex questioned.
"The smell. I'll give you some extra break time to clean up a bit," Jaden replied.
"Thanks," Alex said gratefully. He had had no idea what the smell was from, but now he knew. Jaden seemed to know more than he let on.
In shape shifting, Alex took another shot at Greater Dragon form and nailed it. Nick then said that he was finished his shape shifting lessons. Now the only lessons he had left were his swordplay lessons. He went back to Jaden and told him this, to which Jaden replied by saying that his swordplay lessons were now to start when his lessons in attack spells used to start and end when his next shape shifting lessons would end. That was okay with Alex. He actually preferred it that way.
Later, he was approached by Felicia again. Alex could tell that she was going to tell him something she wanted to say now more than ever, and had an idea of what it was. However, he would let her say it.
"Meet me at the tree again," she said, kissing him again.
"You know it," he said, returning the kiss. How did he get so lucky?