Epilogue

On September twenty-sixth, Alex and Felicia were happily married. Lana and Jaden were still casually dating, but were more serious than before. For Felicia’s birthday, Alex planned a very romantic dinner by candlelight. In December, Alex became the father of fraternal twins. By coincidence, they had the same birthday as their father, and because of this, the girl’s middle name was Alexandria, while the boy’s middle name was Alexander. The girl’s first name was Alexstrasza, in memory of Felicia’s deceased surrogate mother, and the boy’s first name was Sebastian, in memory of Felicia’s deceased father.
    Alex kept the promise he made to his mother and returned to Earth the following February with Felicia and the children. Alex’s mother was so overjoyed upon meeting her new grandchildren that she burst into tears. Alex’s brother arrived shortly afterwards with his wife, son, and step-sons. He congratulated Alex and thumped him on the back. Alex’s nephews were gentle with their new cousins, which was good. They continued this tradition every February, until one year, Alex was informed that his mother had died of old age. Felicia comforted him as he briefly grieved, then he decided to visit his brother, sister-in-law, and nephews. They were surprised to see him, but set aside everything else. His visits were rare, and he was family. After that, they returned every February to visit Alex’s brother, sister-in-law, and nephews.
    Everything was going well. Almost too well, but Alex wouldn’t complain. He had been on two hair-raising adventures, which were enough for him. He was wiser, stronger, and more mature because of them. He was glad to have experienced them, but he didn’t want to put his life at risk any more if he could help it. However, if anyone were to hurt Felicia, his children, or anyone else he cared about, he would not hold back. He had too much to live for, and didn’t want his loved ones to be sad about his death. Thankfully, nobody harmed the ones he cared about. He guessed it was because everyone had learned from the demons and Knight Commander Lucius, and nobody had a death wish. He was glad for that because it saved him from having to kill anyone else. He didn’t want to kill anyone, but wouldn’t hesitate if he had to. He never had to, but he kept his sword and skills sharp nonetheless. He trained his children in magic when they came of age to learn it, and trained his son in swordplay when he came of age. He also trained his son in strategy, but only because Serena had said that it was better for Sebastian to learn from him.
    Alex and Felicia ruled together for many years as King and Queen of the Dragons until they abdicated and named their son, Sebastian, the new King of the Dragons. By this time, Lana and Jaden were happily married with their own children. Sebastian named his mother, his grandmother, and Nick his Chief Advisors. He also named his father, Artemis, and Jaden his Chief Lieutenants. He then named his sister his regent until he met the love of his life. When that happened, Alexstrasza willingly abdicated, saying that she preferred being a princess. However, she met the love of her life shortly after that, and they lived together happily on.