14

Rocky and Sanha talk for a few minutes before Rocky returns.

"What was that about?" I ask innocently.

"Ah, it was nothing. It was about a schedule that changed, that's all." Rocky smiles and grabs his bag. Something seems off but I ignore it. "I had fun. Now I gotta get to my next practice, see ya."

He leaves as Sanha enters. "Ready to start our practice?" He smiles. "What song were you thinking of singing for your audition?"

Sanha grabs a couple of chairs and sits them in the middle of the room facing each other.

"I have no idea...I honestly regret saying I'll audition." I say chuckling and sitting down and looking at my hands.

Sanha puts his hands over mine. "Hey, you're gonna do great." I look up to meet a pair of beautiful brown eyes staring at me with reassurance. I can feel the heat in my cheeks, so I look back down smiling and nod.

"How about 'Ober the Rainbow'?" Sanha suggests. I giggle. "What??"

"You're pronunciation is cute." I say looking up and giggling.

Sanha blushes a light pink and clears his throat. "Well anyway..um..what do you think? About the song I mean..."

"Sounds good to me. Wizard of Oz is one of my favorites." I smile. "Good thing I know the lyrics already.."

"Great! Then go." He says causing me to go wide eyed. He notices my shock and tells me to start singing.

My heart starts beating and it suddenly gets hot. I'm nervous and just as Eunwoo said yesterday, this is exactly what happens.

"Um..okay..." I take a deep breathe and play with my hands. Sanha notices and places his hand on mine again only causing my heart to beat a little faster.

I close my eyes and take another deep breath and my heart starts to calm down and I start:

Somewhere over the rainbow way up high
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream really do come true

Someday I'll wish upon a star
And wake up where the clouds are far
Behind me
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me...

I noticed while I was singing that both Sanha's eyes and hand never left me and he didn't say anything when I finished.

"Sanha...?" I say looking at him.

"Wow..." He whispers. "You have the voice of an angel..."

I blush and smile and his face turns super red and embarrassed and he takes his hand away to place the side of his hand over his mouth to subtly (but not so subtly) attempt to cover his blushing red cheeks.

"Ahh!! I mean- well I meant what I said but I mean- uh... you were really good!! Great? Really really nice! Uhhh" He stutters and looks all around.

I chuckle and grab his hand.

"Thank you." I say staring into his eyes.

We look into each other's eyes for a minute before I notice Sanha's eyes looking down a little and back at my eyes and then leaning in.

You can only imagine what happened next. A kiss. As simple as that.

Nothing fancy, just a pair of lips pressed together. His eyes closed and mine open from shock.

He pulls away blushing a new beautiful shade of red.

*ding*

Still shocked, I hadn't realized my phone was dinging until the third time. I scurry to check it and see I have texts from Mei asking me where I was.

Shoot. I forgot to tell her.

Without saying anything I get up and grab my phone from the table where it was left plugged in from earlier.

"Where are you going?" Sanha asks worried. "Parker??"

I can't hear anything. It's like I've gone deaf and I'm unable to hear the worried voice of the boy in the room.

It's not until he grabs my shoulder to turn me around that I get pulled out of my thoughts.

"Ah! Sorry. I have to go, I'll see you tomorrow??" I say as I head for the door. I sign out quickly and walk out, leaving behind a worried and confused Sanha watching me walk away.