To Be Apart

A/N: I'm sorry for such a long pause in my writing. But please understand I'm a mother first. I suffer from depression on top of postpartum depression and it was very hard for me to bond with my children I had to learn to take a step back from what I was using as a distraction and focus on my children with that being said, don't be afraid to seek help. ❤️ But anyways here's a new chapter ❤️
Dedicated to jollyangels
Thanks for the continued support love ❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Harry was left staring after Dumbledore as confused as ever. He received quite a start when everything in the room returned to its original state. Instead of sitting on the chair, he suddenly found himself on his back in bed. He didn't move when it happened, just stared up at the ceiling for a moment. "What the bloody hell was that about?" he asked after a moment.Draco stood with his back to Harry. He didn't answer. He hadn't moved since he'd made his declaration. Harry sat up, frowning. "Draco?" he asked. Draco began to tremble, his control slipping. Harry continued to frown, standing up from the bed. He came up behind Draco and wrapped his arms around his waist, hugging him tight and hoping that he wasn't angry with him. Draco gasped and continued to shudder as emotions, held in check while Dumbledore was present, seemed to ripple through him.Harry didn't know what was wrong, but he had known that Draco had been holding back the entire time Dumbledore had been in the room. Tears were running down Draco's cheeks again. Damn, but everytime he turned around these days he seemed to be crying. He shook his head. "Would you let them?" he asked quietly. Harry didn't answer for a moment. "Look at me," he said quietly. Draco turned his head to look over his shoulder at the other boy. He gritted his teeth as he stared into those green eyes."No," Harry said, holding Draco tightly. "Not if it means so much to you. You're mine for how long?"
"Always," Draco whispered, shaking.
"Always," Harry repeated. He couldn't really believe how much Draco cared about their promise. He hadn't known. Draco turned in Harry's arms so that he could face him. "We need to talk," he said quietly, his voice still thick with emotion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Harry looked at Draco. Those weren't exactly the most comforting words, but he nodded.
Draco took Harry's hand and led him back over to sit on the bed. Draco sat with his legs folded and looked down, trying to compose his thoughts.
Harry sat very close to Draco, trying to comfort him with his nearness. "What is it?" he asked.
"They are worried that I am endangering you," Draco said. "I don't want that."
Harry glared slightly. "I know you're not," he said. "Sod them all to hell."
"They could be right," Draco whispered. "We don't know the extent of what we promised."
"But it seems like you're the only one affected by it," Harry said. "How is that a danger to me?"
Draco looked away. "Can you remember what you said that night?" Harry would've laughed if the mood had been different. He settled for an incredulous, "No."
Draco smiled. "I remember parts but not all." He reached a hand out to lie along Harry's cheek. "I remember something about sex and food." Harry raised an eyebrow and shook his head. "I remember sex all right ... everything else is kind of blurry ... even the sex is a bit blurry." Draco's cheeks coloured and he smirked. "That part is pretty clear for me." Harry smiled just a little bit smugly. "I might remember a few things ..." he said uncertainly. Draco smiled, lying back on the bed. "To be safe, it would help if we could reconstruct what happened. When I die, I don't want this to damage you." Harry frowned, but then nodded. "Even though I don't plan on letting you die," he said, lying down next to Draco. He sighed. "How are we going to remember ...?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Draco put his arm around Harry, drawing him close. He was relaxing now after the tension of earlier. Harry just lay there for a few moments, trying to remember. "I know something we can do," he said. "What?" Draco asked, eyebrows raised.
Harry looked sideways at him. "We could use Dumbledore's Pensieve," he suggested. Draco's eyebrows shot up higher. "You have access to a Pensieve? That would be helpful." He smiled, thinking about viewing the memory. "And hot." Harry grinned. "Maybe just a bit," he said, and then he made a face. "As long as Dumbledore doesn't watch it with us." "Eugh!" Draco grimaced, shuddering. Harry laughed at him. "Well, I guess that's what we'll do then. I'm a bit surprised Dumbledore "didn't ask that actually ... Must have a lot on his mind ..." "Will he let us use it without him?" Draco asked suspiciously. Harry shrugged. "He'll probably leave the room for a moment while we watch it," he said. "A moment?" Draco asked. "I think that would be ... awkward." Harry laughed. "You think it would be awkward because you'd want to jump me afterwards." Draco grinned. "You could watch us do that and not want to fuck me again?" Harry grinned again. "Probably not," he said. "But I doubt Dumbledore will just let us have his office to watch the memory and then have a quick shag." Draco was trying to concentrate on the magical aspects of the conversation, but the image of shagging Harry in Dumbledore's office was very distracting. He shook his head to clear it. "I "think one of us would have to view, and speak what they heard, while the other took notes."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"We couldn't both watch it?" Harry asked, even though he knew Draco's suggestion would probably be the most effective.
"Oh, Gods, that sounds great." Draco grinned. "But we need someone to stay clear to write down what the 'binding promise' contains." Harry sighed. "Yeah, I guess," he said. He raised an eyebrow and looked at Draco. "Who gets to watch?" Draco laughed, shaking his head. "If the person watching repeats the words ... what do you think would happen if you repeated those words to me?" Harry pouted again and huffed. "Oh, fine," he said. "You can watch it then." He was still for a moment. "I wonder what would happen if we both went into the memory ...." Draco had gone quiet, frowning. "We may have a problem."  Harry raised an eyebrow. "What?" he asked. "I don't know how I will respond to memory you," Draco said quietly. "Is it just you now, or would the binding spell trigger a response to the Pensieve you?"
Harry frowned. "You probably only respond to the real me ... but we can't be sure .... I guess we'll just have to wait and see. When do you want to do it?"
"Soon," Draco replied, relaxing back again. "But I need rest right now, and the old man said you have to attend classes." Harry frowned. "Yeah," he said, sitting up again. He rolled so that his arms were on either side of Draco's shoulders and his knees were on either side of his legs. He looked down at him. "I'll see you later," he said, giving Draco a dozen chaste kisses on the lips.
Draco wrapped his arms around Harry, groaning at the suggestive position. He kissed back, heading for very unchaste." Harry laughed. "I really do have to go," he said reluctantly. "Harry Potter is a tease," Draco said with a sigh, falling back against the pillows and smirking.
Harry smiled. "I can't help it," he said, climbing off Draco. He got off the bed, too. "I guess I'll see you later," he said. Draco frowned and took a deep breath, hands clenched. Harry walked back over to the bed. "It'll be okay, Draco," he said, smoothing his hair. "I'll be back in a few hours, and when I do come back, you'll be all nice and rested and ready for me," he said suggestively, trying to make the mood light before he left.
Draco smiled weakly. "I believe you," he answered. "I just ..." He shrugged. "You go. I need my beauty sleep," he tried to joke back. Harry smiled and stood up again. "A few hours," he repeated once he'd reached the door. He left the room then, not letting Draco see his grimace as he did."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ The entire way to class was torture. Harry had to force himself to keep going, and almost turned back at least three times. He couldn't stand not being with Draco. It was a bit strange. Hermione rushed up to him when he met her outside the door to Transfiguration, leaving Ron hovering awkwardly behind her. "Harry," she said anxiously, holding the sleeve of his robes, "are you okay?" Harry smiled. "Yeah, I'm okay. Draco's fine too -- for now." Hermione nodded, giving just the tiniest bit of a frown at the name Draco. She turned her head to Ron and gave him a look, but he simply scowled and leaned back against the wall. Harry glared at Ron, but otherwise didn't acknowledge him. Perhaps Harry was a bit to blame since he had delivered the news of his and Draco's relationship in a rather ... blunt .. way, but Ron was still being an arse. "I tried to talk to him," Hermione said turning back to Harry. "But he's ... he says he can't really understand why you ... well, you know ...." Harry nodded and rolled his eyes. "He can be a git if he wants. What do I care?" Hermione gave a big sigh. "Why do you two always have to be so --" She put her hands up and closed her eyes. "No, never mind." She looked up at Harry now and gripped his sleeve a little tighter. "Harry, to be completely honest -- I don't understand any of this either."
Harry frowned. He didn't even understand it. "I can't explain it, Hermione," he said, pained expression in place. "It didn't take any time, it just -- happened. I just felt it." Hermione was frowning at him. "Harry, how did you even -- what happened?" Harry sighed. "Can we talk about this later? I still don't think it's a good idea for this whole thing to get out... if Voldemort gets wind of it ...." Hermione nodded again.The bell rang then, and Harry followed Hermione into the classroom and sat next to her. Normally, Ron would've sat next to Harry, but he chose the seat next to Hermione. Harry's mood only worsened. As the class went on and they were finally left to begin the practical part, a few other people came to ask Harry where he'd been. Unable to come up with anything else, Harry told them all that he'd had a sudden bad bout of flu. It would likely be a bit of a problem later, since Harry intended to spend as much time with Draco as he could.
"You mind explaining things to me a bit better now?" Hermione asked, turning a pillow into a rabbit and back. Harry didn't even bother with his pillow. "I suppose," he said, looking around him quickly. The only person in close distance was Ron, and Harry didn't care if he listened or not. He told Hermione about Draco kissing him in the bathroom, and about how he had followed him into the Room of Requirement later on. He told her 
how Draco had actually invited Harry inside the room, and that there had been a couch and even tea. He told her about how their second kiss had happened and how it had simply developed instantly from that moment. "Actually, now that I think of it," Harry said, scratching the back of his neck, "I never intended the kiss to get so out of hand. It was like I kissed him and I immediately needed him. Merlin, it doesn't matter how it started, I just know where I'm at now and that I don't want to leave there, ever. It sounds mad, I know. He's Draco Malfoy, his father's a convicted Death Eater, he's got a mission from Voldemort, and I've hated him for six years, but ..." he sighed, "none of that matters anymore .... Like I said, I can't explain it." Ron snorted humorlessly when Harry finished. Harry looked down the table at him. "Something you want to say?" he asked angrily. "Harry, you're fucking daft," Ron said, leaning in past Hermione so that he could be right in Harry's face. "It's Malfoy! Ever think maybe he's just fucking around with you?" Harry glared. "I know he's not," he said, voice deadly slow and quiet. "Yeah, well, let's see what you say when you're looking down the end of You-Know-Who's wand when Malfoy hands you over to him." Harry very nearly jumped out of his seat and attacked Ron, but he didn't. "Do you think I'm an idiot, Ron?" he asked almost too loudly. "Do you think I'd be doing this if I thought he was going to do something to me or -- or -- or something like that!" "That's just because you're shagging him, right?" Ron asked viciously. "Which is disgusting, by the way." Harry's hands began shaking. "It's not you who's fucking a bloke! Why do you care who I fuck! Fucking mind your own business, Ron!" Harry was surprised that he was managing not to shout. "Fine, I will!" Ron said angrily. "Fuck him all the way to your death for all I care!" He then got to his feet and marched over to sit with Neville, Seamus and Dean. Harry was still shaking. He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. Hermione grasped his sleeve again. "Oh, Harry," she said. He could tell she was crying, but he didn't respond. It took a few minutes to calm down, but Harry finally did. He reached for his wand like nothing had happened and transfigured the pillow in front of him into a rabbit with white-blond fur. He sighed and shook his head.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~