Whatever It Takes

Harry was looking around and keeping an eye out for people as Hermione prepared to climb into the humpbacked witch to sneak into Honeydukes . She was wearing his Invisibility Cloak, so he couldn't see her, but he could still hear her of course. "Hermione, you have no idea how much this means to me," he said quietly, still looking around.

Hermione moved toward Harry and gave him an invisible hug. "You know I don't mind," she said firmly.

He smiled down at the air in front of him. "You're brilliant," he said fondly.

She gave Harry one last squeeze before actually moving her hand over and giving Draco a very quick squeeze on the arm as well.

Draco nodded. "Good luck, Granger."

"Thanks," she said, finally climbing up and then she was gone.

"Hermione?" Harry asked, just to make sure. There was no answer, and he knew she had left. He sighed with relief and turned to Draco.

Draco studied the empty passage. "How many secret passages do you know around here?"

"All of them," Harry said simply.

Draco regarded him for a moment, raising one eyebrow. "How?"

"My map," Harry said, shrugging. There were so many things that Draco didn't know about him and probably so many things that he didn't know about Draco. "I have a map of Hogwarts that shows where everyone is in the castle, and it shows all the secret passages. I know all of them, unless there are some that aren't on there."

Draco stared at him, spending a minute thinking about what Harry had said, and he finally realised he wasn't kidding. "Bloody hell," he cursed, shaking his head. "No wonder."

Harry chuckled, but then thought that they were wasting time just standing there. "Let's go to the library," he said.

"Do you have the map on you?" Draco asked, ignoring the library suggestion.

Harry frowned. "No, but that isn't important right now. Let's go to the library."

Draco frowned, leaning against the wall. "Why the library?"

Harry looked at Draco as if to say, 'Why do you think?' "I would think it'd be pretty obvious," he said, eyebrow raised.

"There is nothing in the library that will help us," Draco drawled. "Let's go back to our room."

Harry's eyes narrowed. "You don't know that," he said. "You said yourself you might have missed something."

"I was being polite," Draco sneered. "This is a waste of time. I would rather enjoy what time I have left than spend it in the library."

Harry's eyes narrowed further. "We're going to the library," he said slowly and angrily. "You might have missed something."

"Is that an order?" Draco hissed.

"Draco, stop being an idiot!" Harry said furiously. "You won't let me do anything to help you. You won't tell me what the hell's going on with most of this, you won't tell me who you're bloody supposed to kill, and now you won't let me go to the library to see if I can find something that'll help you? Why are you being this way?"

Draco scowled, turned and walked away.

Harry nearly roared with fury. "Stop being an arsehole!" he yelled, walking after him.

Draco stopped in his tracks, but didn't turn and didn't say a word.

Harry wondered if that had been a command. He walked the rest of the way forward and stood in front of Draco so that he had to face him. "Why are you being this way?" he spat again.