Chapter 5- "You Kissed?"

I don't know what I'm going to do with my time well I'm waiting to meet with Leah. I lay on my bed and think about everything going on now; My dad, relationship with Will, if that's even what you call it, and whatever is up with Leah. My gaze lands upon the nail polish on my top shelf. I hardly ever wear it because I hate the feeling it leaves on my fingers. I decide to paint my toenails instead. Peering through the colors I find a soft pink called cotton candy and a white manicure brush. Even though it's way too girly for me, I decide to paint them. When I'm done they actually don't look horrible. Besides the polish all over my skin, but from a distance it's hardly noticeable. It's 4:30 so I start walking too Sarah's. When I walk in the sweet smell of coffee and pastries greets me. I get my usual iced coffee and blueberry bagel and sit near the bookshelves. The bell rings and Leah walks in the door. She orders after and starts coming over to sit by me.

"Ok, your date either went really horribly or was amazing, but I can't tell which one yet." I tell Leah, as I gave her a quizzical look.

"Umm, I think I really like him... he's so sweet, funny, and hotter than a sunny day! I mean damn girl!" She replies dreamily as she takes a sip of her coffee.

I know she must really like him because Leah doesn't usually talk about guys this way. It's usually just about how great of a kisser they are. Which reminds me...

"Awww, I'm so happy for you! So, did he kiss you?!" I coo, as I watch her face turn bright red. "Oh my gosh, he did! How did it happen?" I ask her with a knowing look on my face.

"Well, first we went on a walk through the flower gardens at Delilah's. It was beautiful! The colors were so vibrant and you know how much I love flowers." Leah tells me and can definitely tell how happy she is.

"Awww, that's so sweet." I reply, as I take a bite out of my bagel.

"I know! After that we went to Chester's for pizza which by the way was delicious! I was also glad it was just pizza because it made it less awkward." She answers and I know she's thinking back to that night.

"So... tell me about the kiss! C'mon Leah you know I want details. Spill." I tell her in a pleading tone.

"Well, after pizza we decided to go on a walk through the park. I sat on one of the benches and he sat down too. I could feel his eyes practically burning holes into the side of my face. So then, get this, he asks me if I could kiss him! I was completely caught off guard and he admitted he'd never kissed a girl before. It was so sweet and so I kissed him!" Leah squeals to me. Her face looks so happy as she remembers that night, it must have been a great one.

"Aww! That is adorable, so do you think you really like him or is he one of those guys." I puts emphasis on the word those and she knows what I'm talking about.

"If you're asking if he just wants to get into my pants, then no, I don't think he's one of those guys."

"Leah!" I scold looking around to make sure no one heard us.

"What? It's not a big deal! And yes, I think I really like him. I know I haven't known him long but something just seems different when I'm around him, ya know?" She tells me breathily and I know she really does care about him.

"Well then I'm very happy for you. You deserved a guy who treats you right instead of the ones you're used to! But I swear if he breaks your heart I'll break him!" I tell her in a half serious half teasing tone.