Chapter 23- Fourteen Times

It's been fourteen times that Will has called me after he came over. If that jerk really thinks he can make things better by saying sorry, he's so wrong. Finally, I get sick of his calls and turn my phone off. My mom and I have been watching TV for awhile now and she fell asleep about a half hour ago. I'm so sad I honestly just feel like a shell of myself, the tears have even stopped because I've been crying so much.

At quarter to eight when our home phone rings and I quietly answer it and head to the bathroom.

"Hello?" I groggily say.

"Hi, this is the funeral home. We are calling regarding David Elle's death and the date you would like the funeral." The man on the other end responds coldly. For a guy who is working with the loss of family members he should be way nicer.

"Umm... what days do you have available?"

"Well, we have tomorrow and Thursday, so whatever works for you."

"Could you schedule us for Thursday? We're going to need some time to plan and invite everyone." I choke out trying to hold back a sob.

"Alright, you're reserved for Thursday at 11:00 a.m. See you then." With that he hung up not even saying goodbye. Bitch.

I let out a huge breath sobbing into my hands. Time to go tell my mom the news and then go shopping for a headstone. Luckily, we already have pictures and a casket chosen because we didn't know how long my dad would live after the accident.

My mom interrupts my thought with a knock on the door, "Honey are you in there?"

"Yeah," I say, swinging the door open, "the funeral home called, I scheduled us for Thursday."

"Oh, thank you sweetheart. We'll have to send out invites then and order a headstone." She replies, tears brimming her eyes.

Slowly I nod my head, not wanting to meet her eyes. If I do I'll burst into tears again and I've cried enough today.

"Alright, well I know it's only eight, but I'm going to hit the hay." My mom tells me.

"Okay, me too. Love you, goodnight." I reply standing up to give her a hug.

"Love you too sweetheart." She pulls me into a hug and kisses the top of my head.

We break apart, leaving me alone in the bathroom. I decide to brush my teeth and as I'm on my way upstairs, something slides under the door. Reluctantly, I walk over to pick it up and see that it's the pictures from the photo booth at Prom. I wish that I could replay that night. I look so happy in the pictures and it makes my heart ache to not have Will anymore. It slips out of my hands, landing upside down and there's writing on the back.

-Lou, I know the last thing you want to do right now is talk to me, but I would really like to know what happened. Leah came over and blew up at me, not telling me what happened. I just want you to know that I'm still in love with you, Lou, I'll never stop. -Will

His words bring me to tears for probably the hundredth time today, but I still can't bring myself to talk to him. People probably think I'm being over sensitive, but after everything that's happened to me his words hurt me so much. Especially coming from my first boyfriend and first love. Of course I'm still in love with him, but it will fade over time.

I grab my crutches and head up to my room, throwing the pictures in my trash can. Surprisingly I fall asleep quickly, despite everything that's happened. Crying must really ware a person out, but I welcome the sleep. It helps me forget.

Tuesday goes by slowly, basically a repeat of Monday. Eat, sleep, repeat, eat, sleep, repeat. Wednesday morning I wake up at 6:50 to someone shaking me.

"Lou, come on wake up."

"Mom? What do you need?" I ask annoyed that I can't sleep more.

"Honey, I've decided that you're going to go to school today. I was reading online and it said that routine helps get over loss. I'm going to work also, but have to leave right now. Get ready soon, love you." She tells me kissing my head not leaving any room for argument.

"Love you too, mom." I reply and she leaves my room.

I huff getting out of bed and put the bag over my leg so that I can shower. Tears start to fall out of my eyes as I think of my dad, but I quickly wipe them away. My dad would not want me to cry over him. I'm feeling a bit sassy today so I decide to show Will what he's missing. I go full out on hair on makeup and pull on a black skirt with a red crop top. He's going to die when he sees this. Not to sound arrogant, but I look hot.

When I pull into the parking lot it's 7:50 leaving me ten minutes until class starts. I text Leah to meet me at my locker and when I get there she's waiting for me.

"How are you- Oh my gosh, you look amazing!" She shouts and everyone is staring at me.

I honestly don't care what they think and keep on talking.

"I'm not doing so good, but I'm not letting everyone else see that. I'll talk about it with you after school. As for the outfit, I wanted to show Will what he was missing." I bluntly tell her and she smirks at me.

"Well I definitely think it's working." She jerks her head to the side and my eyes meet with Wills.

He looks absolutely furious and I can see why. Pretty much every guy is staring at me like I'm a piece of meat, making me feel self-conscious.

"Okay... well let's get to class, all these stares are creepy." She nods her head and agreement and we walk to our first class. Leah has English but I have AP History so we part ways almost immediately.

As I turn down the hallway to my class I'm jerked around the corner and fall into someone's arms.

"What the hell-" I yelp and look up to meet Will's eyes.

"Lou, just listen to me please." He says, his eyes pleading me to stay.

As much as I want him to hold me right now, I just need him to stop making me feel worse.

"Hey, don't cry." He tells me, wiping the tears off my cheeks.

I didn't even know I was crying. So much for the tough girl attitude. He can't see me like this, I need to go.

"I- umm- excuse me." I push him away and rush into the bathroom.

When I look at myself in the mirror I'm happy to find my makeup isn't to badly damaged. I wet some paper towel and dab the mascara under my eyes. Hesitantly I leave the bathroom to brave the rest of the day.

Will's POV

I don't know what to do anymore. I've called her fourteen times, but pretty soon it went to voicemail. Yesterday, after I slipped the picture under the door I heard her crying, but right when I was about to knock I heard her go upstairs. When I seen her in school she is dressed so differently than usual and looks absolutely beautiful. I hate the way the guys are looking at her. She may think people can't see through her facade, but I know Lou. Her eyes give it away, they're filled with sadness and it breaks my heart to think I caused it.

When I stopped her in the hallway she looked like she wanted to disappear. I was talking when tears started to fall down her face and she seemed like she was in her own world. When I wiped them away, she pushed me and then hobbled into the bathroom on her crutches.

Obviously she wants nothing to do with me, so I won't cause her anymore pain. I'll leave her alone from now on. She's lucky I won't be at school tomorrow because I'm going to my dads best friends funeral at 11:00. If only she knew what I was going through right now, then maybe she could understand.
------------------------------------------------------
Hey Guys! What did you think of this chapter and does anyone have any predictions of what's going to happen in the next chapter??? 😉 I just want Lou and Will to make up, but that isn't going to happen, or will it? Anyways... pleaseee vote this chapter!!! Love you guys!❤️❤️❤️