Chapter 16- Can't Do This Anymore

My alarm goes off this morning but I just can't make myself go to school today. It's not necessarily what Brittany did to me, but mainly because I got no sleep last night. The dreams were worse and this time it was about me attending his funeral. That kept me up all night and now I'm left with an uneasy feeling in my stomach.

I quickly shower and get dressed in some clean pajamas. They're brand new with nerd glasses and books on the pants and a shirt that says "boys are better in books" on it. My stomach rumbles so I decide to head down stairs and make myself some popcorn. It's going to be a movie day! The popcorn beeps and I put it in a bowl before heading back upstairs. I turn on the TV in my room and put in my all time favorite movie that always make me laugh, "The Simpsons Movie". The previews play through and even though I've seen them a million times, I still watch them.

A tapping noise is coming from my window and I look out to see Will on my roof. His face is full of concern and I motion for him to come in.

"Hey Lou, how are you doing? You haven't answered any of my texts." He says, sitting down on my bed.

"I'm fine, and my phones dead and I didn't want to charge it." I reply, twiddling my thumbs and not wanting to look at him. If I do that he'll ask questions and I don't want to talk about it.

"You're fine? You're not fine, Lou. What Brittany did to you was horrible, how are you really?"

"I guess I'm just angry that she told everyone about it and sad that it was brought up again. Things were just starting to get better, ya know?" I tell him, hoping he'll understand why I didn't tell him.

"Yeah, it's probably really hard with you're dad and the crash and everything. What happened that day?" He asks the question I was hoping would not be brought up. I'm going to tell him, but not yet, I'm not ready.

"Umm, can we talk about something else please?" I plead, finally meeting his eyes.

"Don't you think I have a right to know? I thought we trusted each other." He responds, making me angry.

"Of course I trust you, how could you think I don't? I'll tell you when I'm ready." I grit my teeth in response trying to keep my cool. Today is not the day to mess with me.

"Whatever Lou, but you should at least got to school. I know it's bad but it wasn't like she said what happened, don't you think you're overreacting a little?" He says and I snap.

"Overreacting? Do you know that I never told anyone but Leah and you that I was even in an accident? Now you think you know what's best for me and what I'm feeling?" I yell, and try my hardest to stop the tears from falling.

"Look, I know it's hard for you, but stop feeling sorry for yourself," he shouts back, "you drove away all your other friends, Leah and I are the only ones left!"

When those words leave his mouth my face drops. "I do not feel sorry for myself. I'm sorry I'm sad because I'm being bullied by the meanest girl in school and she brought up the darkest parts of my past," I say, surprisingly calm, "and I did not drive my friends away. They left me, Will, because they didn't know how to treat me."

"Lou, I-"

"No. Leave, Will. I'm sorry if I'm driving you away, but you don't get to tell me how to feel and what to do." I tell him, cutting off his sentence.

He reaches out to hug me, but I don't want him to or I'll break down.

"I said get out!" I scream, throwing a pillow at him. "Is this what you wanted to see? Well then mission accomplished, you made me feel ten times worse than I already do." I say and tears start to stream down my face.

I turn around and bury my face in the blankets of my bed, trying to hide the tears. I'm not sure when, but I end up dozing off and waking up at 11:00 a.m. There's a part of me that wishes Will is still here to hold me, but the other part is still furious at him for the things he said to me. He's my boyfriend, the one that's supposed to be there for me and now he left.

I close my eyes again and try to forget about all of it. I can't do this anymore.

Will's POV

Today is the day my mom died and I needed to talk to Lou. When I seen her in her bed she looked so sad and I knew immediately it was because of yesterday. She needed me right now, but I desperately needed her. After I asked her what happened to her dad everything went down hill. I should have stopped when she asked me to talk about it a different time, but I just couldn't.

"Of course I trust you, how could you think I don't? I'll tell you when I'm ready." She told me and I could tell she was angry.

Right at that moment all of the anger I was holding in just exploded inside me.

"Look, I know it's hard for you, but stop feeling sorry for yourself," he shouts back, "you drove away all your other friends, Leah and I are the only ones left!" I said and when I seen her face I immediately regretted it.

After all she's going through and I just told her to stop feeling sorry for herself? When she told me to get out I couldn't handle the look on her face. It was so sad, nothing like I've ever seen her show before. She turned around and I waited until she fell asleep to leave and went home. Right now was when I needed her to be there for me the most and she needed me, but I did the opposite and left.

Lou's POV

I wake up the second time to the jiggling of my doorknob downstairs. It's 3:20 in the afternoon and I have a flicker of hope thinking that maybe it's Will and he came to apologize. I quick rush into my bathroom and check my hair and also to put on some makeup.

Of course I have major bedhead so I do my best to run a brush through it quickly. My second best option is to wear a hat so I grab my baseball cap and put all my hair into that. Before putting on my mascara I splash my face with cold water and then quickly swipe over my eyelashes.

The jiggling on the door has stopped so either Will left or he let himself in. I turn around to go down the stairs and check if he's here and when I get to the bottom of the stairs I run into a broad, strong chest. I glance to meet his eyes, only it isn't Will.

"Did you miss me, Princess?" The voice whispers in my ear. Zach's voice.

"H-how did you find my house?" I stammer, slowly backing away from him trying to get to my phone. I need to call 911.

"I told you I would come for you and I don't break my promises." He says stepping close enough so I can smell his breath, which reeks of alcohol.

He's definitely drunk and when I glance behind him I see the door is still open. If I run fast enough I might be able to make it. I quickly dodge behind the counter and make a break for the door when he lunges, slamming me into the wall. He's drunk, and definitely not playing nice.
-------------------------------------------------------
Hi Everyone!!! What did you think of this chapter? Will and Lou got in a horrible argument. 😞 It's just the beginning of the fight between Lou and Zach and things are about to go down! Keep reading to find out what happens! Pleaseee vote this chapter!!! Love you guys!❤️❤️❤️